• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Select 2-day radio button as default in FedEx_1_4-webservices_v9_4_2

pchem

I am using FedEx_1_4-webservices_v9_4_2 on a v2.2 RC2 store. I only ship with FedEx, but I want the 2-day radio button to be automatically selected by default, not cheapest (i.e. Ground Shipping).

What code have others used or what can be done to select the radio button by default (other than cheapest) in this FedEx shipping module?

I was able to get the most expensive rate automatically selected by doing the following:

In catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php at line 111 I changed:

if ($rates[$i]['cost'] < $cheapest['cost']) {

To:

if ($rates[$i]['cost'] > $cheapest['cost']) {

Just the less than "<" to greater than ">" was changed to automatically select the most expensive method radio button.

Ideally, I want to change it to automatically select 2-Day for USA and most expensive for rest of world. This idea may work in catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php, but I still do not know how to write the "if, then" statements. Can anyone help me out?