• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[SSPP] Separate Shipping Per Product----Support Forum

rpdesign

UPDATE

I have uploaded a small fix to the installation of my add on to work with PHP 7.0.

Problem was with a new install on a server with PHP 7.0, the modules.php install button would cause the PHP service to throw an error and stop parsing the page resulting in only flat_rate shipping to be partially displayed and no right column.

It basically involved a small function in the catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/separate.php and admin/includes/languages/seperate_rate.php files. 

Specifically the mysql_fetch_assoc() function that was depreciated in PHP 5.5 and eliminated in PHP 7.0 in favor of mysqli_fetch_assoc().

Go to the link below in my signature for the two files and install in their respective locations.

An updated version of the full package will be advailable for download in a couple days 

Thank you.

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

@rpdesign

Hello, I've been away, and just seen your reply.  The problem for me was solved by stripping away unwanted code and simplifing the module to suit my requirements.  Shipping per zone is now working for me!

I might download your new version and try again.

Thanks

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

I'm glad it now works if you need more explanation of how the add-on works I'll be glad to help out. The new files are just the two files to make it work with PHP 7.0 on installing the module. I'll be working on this module to include support for purchase without account and a couple additional features.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to thank you for developing this module as this may be just what I have been looking for. Before I install, allow me to explain what I would like to do. I hope that you may be able to guide me towards the correct settings.

I have several categories and sub-categories that use table based shipping, based on the number of items. I do not wish to change those settings.

I am adding a number of new categories/sub-categories that will be free shipping.

I will also have at least one category/sub that will ship based upon USPS rates.

Will this module work for those requirements and, if so, what settings should I use?

Thank you for your time.

@SnargThank you for downloading my module. First a few questions. 

For the categories that already have table rates are they the same? If so you can set up the default table rate in the main configuration using your current table rate from what I imagine is the default table rates shipping module that came with oscommerce. Also select categories for your settings.

The new categories don't need any configuration except Use with default rates? Set to true.

The last USPS rates my module doesn't have support for yet but I can work on the module and see what I can do.

Give me a couple of days and I will have a screenshot of the settings. Important that you don't place rates in your main categories but rather the main sub categories that your products are in

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

• 7 months later...

Bug 2.52

I found out the zip file was missing the php7.0 fixes and had files in the wrong places as well as duplicate files. Please download the new version as it is correct. 

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2019 at 4:21 PM, rpdesign said:

Bug 2.52

I found out the zip file was missing the php7.0 fixes and had files in the wrong places as well as duplicate files. Please download the new version as it is correct. 

Mr Petet

Good Morning sir.  Up front I, like Mikepo above, am working with the OSC FROZEN vsn and under php 7.2.

Having said that I went to your module in the contributions section - the latest that is there is SSPP v1.852  which identifies "Bugfix: 1.852 This fixes the installation of the seperate_mode table from not being installed." and was uploaded 11th August 2014.

This makes me believe that I am in the WRONG area -OR- the version quoted from your post is not yet available.

Could you please confirm my suspicions -AND / OR- direct me to where the newest version resides?

Thank you in advance

BJ Chadduck

@Chadduck

If you use the link in my signature it will direct you to the proper version .

What happened is that I lost access to my previous account so i made a new one for v2.5 and above. My module is now at 2.52. In effect there are two download sections.  I'll talk to the oscommerce manager and see if he can eliminate the older versions as they are outdated.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Mr Petet

Please forgive my constant posts - I pulled the file from the place you identified "Separate Shipping Per Product v2.5 [SSPP]" and grabbed the one identified as Bug 2.52.  
I also pulled the file that is identified SSPP v2.51 Full package. 
I extracted and examined the files... 

Having said that - one of the first things I do is examine any included sql file to see what changes will be done to the database.  The included sql refers to altering three tables

shipping_rates
shipping_table_rates
shipping_mode

I checked my OSC Frozen db and my live store db which is OSC 2.3.4.1

Those tables DO NOT exist in either version.

The included sql file is titled "update25.sql" in both files.  This would indicate that the file expects those tables to already exist BUT since this is the FIRST time install for me which version contains the install table creation sql scripts.

I do not mind pulling it from a previous version BUT on the "Separate Shipping Per Product v1.0" version page there are 19 different versions.  On the "Separate Shipping Per Product v2.5 [SSPP]" version page there are four versions.  

Thank you for any insight.

BJ

Edited by Chadduck

Mr Petet

I feel like an ID-10-T (idiot)  I overlook the possibility of the tables being created from the module installation.  

I located what I was asking for.  BUT is it a requirement to run the update25.sql since this will be a FIRST TIME INSTALL?

Again - my apologies for being an idiot.

BJ

Edited by Chadduck

No need to run the update25.sql as this is a new installation. 

Thank you for trying my module. ☺️ 

The SSPP v2.5 version page is the latest and you should be using the latest commit to it.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I installed the app, but how can I apply shipping fee for a category and its sub categories ? I set a flat rate to the category but still the items are not affected. The configuration on the shipping module are:

• Individual Product/Category Setting : Product
  • Use Default Rates? : Flat per item
  • Use Individual rates with the default rates? : Yes
  • Default Flat Rate: 4
  • Shipping Method for Table Rates : Qty

in the catalog / shipping rates i set the following for a category:

• TEXT_SEPARATE_IND : Yes <- I don't know whats this
  • Shipping method : Flat
  • Shipping rate : 2

But still all the shipping fees of products inside this category are 4 not 2.

Did i missed some configurations ?

Thanks

@Psytanium

Looking at your setup It looks like you want to have everything at $4 shipping except for this category. 

Set the Individual Product/Category Setting to Category *this is key*

The TEXT_SEPARATE_IND is used to use product rates separate from the category rate.

For example : If your category has a rate of $5 shipping but certain products in that category are on sale and have free shipping or a reduced shipping for the sale you can set those shipping rates separate from the category rate or in your case it works by applying the rate for the category you set aside from the default flat rate.

What version of my module are you using? I'm currently working on version 3.0 of my module which adds support for purchase without account, UPS shipping, and a simplified install

The TEXT_SEPARATE_IND is a define statement within the admin/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/separate.php . It might be missing, but all it is is some text describing what the function does.

Also please contact me directly at [email protected] for more immediate results.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Also you have to set the rates in the immediate parent category of the product .

For example:.

Using a vanilla install of oscommerce in the dvd category you have sub categories. So if a product you want shipping is in the DVD - > Action category you would set the rates in the Action category NOT the DVD category. You will have to do this for all your sub categories from the main category such as Horror, SciFi, etc.... I might have to develop a way to do this more easily. 

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog