• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[SSPP] Separate Shipping Per Product----Support Forum

rpdesign

@@ArtcoInc

Give me about  a week or two to set up my development environment again. I have to ask an old customer if i can use his web server space for an environment. I will work with the free version first. and i have found the email from the developer of the commercial product that might give me a better clue at to what i need to do

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

• 5 months later...

Bug fixes:

1.855:  It has come to my attention that the categories setting does not work as planned when Use Default Rates? is set to anything other than No and Use Independent Rates? is set to Yes.

1.9: I figured an overhaul of how my module works in regard to the query's and logical flow of the code works. This will make it simpler on my end to troubleshoot a problem.  

[Upcoming Releases]

2.0: Will contain above releases as well as an update query to update my module. It will include language support to easily translate my module into other languages. Hopefully it will not need a customer logged in to work [A rewrite of my query's will be in order. They currently use the customer_basket table] 

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

• 3 weeks later...

Can I use this in conjunction with other shipping methods? For example:

certain products would ship using a specific method and would have its OWN separate shipping and shipping cost. but otherwise anything else would ship VIA UPS.

• 1 month later...

@@rayge Ok thank you for pointing this out I will be looking into it and redoing a lot of work on this module. I know there are a few bugs that need to be worked out. My module was developed with a vanilla install of oscommerce with very few modifications to the underlying code.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

HI Robert,

I am using SSPP module for specific shipping charges for specific product. my requirement are that i am wanted only one product to have special shipping charges. for only specific product I don't know how to setup this module so that it should work as i needed.

for the time i have set this sspp module but this module shows the option for all the products while i need for only product.

i have set sspp for single product shows the charges i wanted but also i wanted to not show other shipping methods for this product.

while all other product shows a shipping charges 0 with other shipping methods as well.

is it possible with SSPP module the following?

sspp for single specific products only with no other options for shipping methods

while if sspp not set for a product then other shiping methods should display and sspp should not be the option.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

@@creativeeducationsupplies and to everyone else

SSPP v 2.5 is here! email me for the main  two files until i upload the full zip package.

First of all let me apologize for the shape that the last version was in. After digging into the code and testing it out, I realized that i was just a noob. lol But I am seriously sorry for the shape i left it in. :-  :mellow:  o:)  A huge thank you goes out to Salazar G. for his support and contacting me and getting me back in the game :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :D

A lot of changes have gone into the module as to how it works on the back end. Such as no more duplicate entries in the tables [big problem]. Also the shipping method is automatically changed to reflect the  rate being set. multiple products in the categories show up properly in the shipping quote. 

Change log 1:

1.86 :
no status of 1 being passed when setting flat rate with no mode setting. This caused no value to be passed on to the shopping cart until you saved the rate again with a mode set.

1.87: 
After deleting a rate image shows no category when there clearly is. Fixed with taking out a redirect call

1.88:
Duplicate rate entry after fixing bug 1.86. 

1.89:
Drop down on shipping mode does not reflect current setting. 

1.9:
yes or no being displayed on shipping method when Use Independent Rates instead of the default rates for this category/product? is set to yes or no and no mode has been set. Now if no mode has been set but a rate has it will display no mode has been set and when no rate has been set for either flat or table it will display please set a flat or table rate first.

1.91:
Flat per not calculating out properly. This was due to my query.

1.92:
small unnoticeable bug where shipping mode was not passed to shipping rates table

1.93:
bug where updating shipping mode cleared rates out. This was one of my arrays.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Change Log2:

not adding flat flat per to shipping quote for categories

Table tbl per same as above

Saving product flat rate does not return to proper page

Text not showing proper in products/categories shipping method

product/category mode not being updated

When deleting out last table rate with no flat rate table remains in shipping method

Duplicate entries in shipping mode table

a.
Tbl method not being set when flat rate is deleted if tbl rate existed

B.
Flat method not being set when deleting last tbl rate when flat rate exists

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Well since i can not upload to my own package:

[keep getting error all fields not filled out]

I will give you the link to the latest files. The best thing would be to do a fresh install of my module and reset the rates or copy your rates using the import/export function from within phpmyadmin. Note: you must delete out the duplicate rates! You will have them if you used any of my previous versions. This is why a fresh install of my module is recomended.

You can receive a copy here:

http://thedecorium.com/downloads/SSPP25_2.zip

This includes the files you need.

errorOscomm.png

Edited by burt
remove shop link

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

• 2 weeks later...

Update the new version is awaiting approval for public download!

Note: the install file is basically the same as the last with some new features. It might not be complete as far as the update section is concerned and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to shoot me off an email to [email protected] 

Also the new version will have its own download link. I have separated it from my older versions in the hope of streamlining the process. This will still be the support forum for it for right now until i migrate it into a new support forum.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

@rpdesign

Have you tried new apps page? https://apps.oscommerce.com/c=shipping

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@Gergely 

Actually yes, I'm just waiting on the approval process by the oscommerce team. My link to the old addon redirects to the new app page and i will be updating the link to the new version of my module when it becomes available. 

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Update: Separate Shipping Per Product v2.5 is now available in the apps marketplace!

The file was approved this morning and has been uploaded to the apps marketplace you can find it here:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/Apps&y0sgE&separate-shipping-per-product-v2-5-sspp

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

@ArtcoInc 

Not as of yet. If you take a look at my change log,  bug report there was a lot of work to get the module to function properly. 

This is the next step in evolution of my module as well as making the inherit function work properly. I'm also looking into creating a guest login module of my own if one does not exist. My other wish list is bug reports from within the module itself and maybe a way to incorporate a discount coupon for percentage or amt off of shipping costs.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

@rpdesign

As we discussed a couple of years ago, you were using an array that dealt with the customer's ID. If a customer was not logged in, or was a guest, that array didn't exist. As I recall (I can't find records of those conversations), I pointed out a different array that did work, both with customers with or without accounts, checked in or not, and/or guests.

I had also mentioned that there were two guest checkout modules available. One was never updated for 2.3.4 (let alone Bootstrap), but the other one is fully up to date, and is quite popular:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/5f3nn

I haven't looked at how this addon would work in conjunction with SSPP, or if it would resolve the issue I first mentioned.

HTH

Malcolm

29 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

@rpdesign

As we discussed a couple of years ago, you were using an array that dealt with the customer's ID. If a customer was not logged in, or was a guest, that array didn't exist. As I recall (I can't find records of those conversations), I pointed out a different array that did work, both with customers with or without accounts, checked in or not, and/or guests.

I had also mentioned that there were two guest checkout modules available. One was never updated for 2.3.4 (let alone Bootstrap), but the other one is fully up to date, and is quite popular:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/5f3nn

I haven't looked at how this addon would work in conjunction with SSPP, or if it would resolve the issue I first mentioned.

HTH

Malcolm

Purchase without account BS reloaded

uses a temporary account incl. customer ID and should work. But I didn't tested, it should be checked.

rgds

Rainer

@raiwa

Thank you for the link to this app. I should be able to program my module without the use of a guest login app per say.

@ArtcoInc

As i mentioned earlier, I needed a full working version of my app. Which, if you looked at it, errors in the shipping quote happened without guest accounts enabled. I needed to fix these before anything else. I will be working on taking out the customers_basket table from my queries and using the proper global variable  in the queries.  I am on my free time, so do not expect this to be up and running in a week. I say this would take about a month or two. And before you say this should be easy it is only a query, remember, just like the average shop owner i had to learn php from scratch and I am still learning. With that being said, I need to find out what variable is being passed on to the Purchase Without Account and if this  is the only guest login available to OsCommerce 2.3.4 users

Edited by rpdesign
took out quote

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

• 2 months later...

Dear all,

I have installed this addon in my offline site xampp where it works fine.

Now I'm trying to install it live but for one reason or the other I cannot install the module.

when I go to admin/shipping modules, I see 5 modules on the "install" button, but when  I click on it, no modules show.

Could any-one help me out?

Many thanks!

Kind regards

Gerry

18 minutes ago, ghprosvs said:

Dear all,

I have installed this addon in my offline site xampp where it works fine.

Now I'm trying to install it live but for one reason or the other I cannot install the module.

when I go to admin/shipping modules, I see 5 modules on the "install" button, but when  I click on it, no modules show.

Could any-one help me out?

Many thanks!

Kind regards

Gerry

Hi Guys,

never mind, I did a fresh download and install and now it works! YESS!! :)

• 1 year later...

Has anyone got this addon to work?  I upgraded the code to suit php7 and osC CE (aka frozen), but I can't get the individual shipping options to work.  The default shipping seems to work, but if I create an individual shipping it's not recogniised.

It seems to be a complicated beast. So I'm looking for help to explain how the settings work.

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

• 1 month later...

@Mikepo

I am the developer of this addon and yes it is complicated and versatile all in one. Could you go ahead and send a snapshot of your settings both the main settings where you configure the addon itself [this would be the configuration where you enable or disable the addon] and the product in question [this would be under the Seperate Shipping Column entry aka the second configuration]. I have not tested this addon for php 7.0 the last of it was for phph5.0 i believe. I am not familiar with the osC CE version. By the way are you wanting to use individual product shipping rates or are you selecting by category? Table rates, flat rates, or free? Or a combination of the three? Please feel free to contact me directly at my email address [email protected]. Thank you and have a nice day.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog