• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[SSPP] Separate Shipping Per Product----Support Forum

rpdesign

Hi Robert,

Very much interested in SSPP module. I have downloaded V1.812 ready to install.

My site is oSC V.2.3.1 - so I am assuming I use v.2.3.3 from zip folder ?

Thanks in advance for reply :-)

emess

@@emess

yes this should work for v2.3.1 I might change it to v2.3.x

please report any bugs you find [if any] with the folowing format:

Bug Report 1.813 : [the number is just a way for me to develop bug fixes and should start with 1.813 or the last bug report to the third decimal whew!] :P

description of what hapened

steps to recreate

posible addons that might conflict

screenshots of error or settings

Thankyou for your support! :thumbsup:

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Update SSPP v1.85 Beta

SSPP v1.85 Beta will be availible to Testers as soon as 01/19/2014 (w00t)

New Features:

New Table called shipping mode to handle modes for individual products/categories

New Function to apply a default rate to all products but a select few! :thumbsup: //thanks goes out to plorenz for this idea

So for Example: If you have 1000 products and 995 of those products that use the same rates, but 5. You can now set different rates for the 5 products that do not use the default rate of the others (w00t)

[New Main Config Option!]

Use Individual rates with the default rates?

[New Secondary Config Option!]

Use Independent Rates instead of the default rates for this category/product

//This will only show up if the main config above is set to yes and the Use Default Rates? is set to anything but No

new look to the install.html file to include different configurations, a trouble shooting section, all with pictures!

Also I will be starting my Spring Semester here on 01/27/2014 So I will not be available Mon - Thu However, I'll be available Thu Evenings [after 6pm PST] and Fri - Sun.

Edited by rpdesign

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Hi @@rpdesign

great addon! Look after mysql_fetch_assoc in v2.3 files. Probably need to change with tep_db_fetch_array function.

Regards,

Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Gergely

Thank you, I'll look into it . :thumbsup:

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

@@Gergely

I have since replaced the mysql_fetch_assoc with tep_db_fetch_array in v1.85 beta Thank you for the suggestion :thumbsup:

SSPP v1.85 Beta works!

I need to create an update file and new install.html file for the package if anyone would like to test out the Beta version give me an email at [email protected]

Edited by rpdesign

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

:thumbsup:

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 5 weeks later...

@@rpdesign

I'm still having difficulties getting this to work as I would like it. To me it seems like this is 2 separate shipping modules inter-weaved into a big one. Your logic is very complex, which makes you a genius.

Please allow me to make some suggestions. I figure it would be easier if you broke SSPP into two modules but rolled up in one package. For example, have a SSPP for flat rates and a SSPP for table rates. I think that would be less confusing and you can get rid of some of the default settings.

With the SSPP for flat rates, site owners can set different rates for categories and/or products. You can also set an "additional item" feature with flat rate shipping. With SSPP for table rates, different table rates for categories and/or products can be set.

I wouldn't dare ask you to abandon this project, it will be great once you iron out all the wrinkles. I was thinking if you broke it down into two separate shipping modules, shop owners could choose which one that better suits their needs.

As for me, what I'm looking for is to set different flat rates for each category and then add an item for an additional fee. For example, I add a book for $4.95 shipping and then I add a DVD for $1.50 more OR add 2 items from the same category and add on an additional fee. Check out this.

I hope I didn't offend you but I was hoping to give you another angle to tackle this. Keep up the good work.!!!!

@@discxpress

I figure it would be easier if you broke SSPP into two modules but rolled up in one package. For example, have a SSPP for flat rates and a SSPP for table rates. I think that would be less confusing and you can get rid of some of the default settings.

I don't think i'll seperate the two because of the instance where one shop owner whould like to set certain products by a table rate and some products by a flat rate and have both in the basket at the same time.

You can also set an "additional item" feature with flat rate shipping.

This is an excellent idea!! and one i'll be glad to look into when i'm not maintaining a 4.0 in college. right now you can set flat per item but not in the way you describe. I have also been tinkering around with the idea of giving a shipping quote in the products description. For right now you can set your books at $4.95 shipping and set your DVDs at $1.50 shipping and then set them to flat per item :thumbsup:

From what i've seen you want the first item to be $4.95 shipping no matter what the item is and then $1.50 thereafter for all other products? This can be added as an additional function and i will try to make this function advailible to you. And latter on when you have beta-tested this for me i'll release it to the public :D

I haven't figured out a way to apply several different default rates at once, but could be an interesting project

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

@@discxpress

I think you can use the default table rate as so:

set Use default rates? to Table per item

post-274161-0-62053000-1393306677_thumb.png

set your rate like so 1:4.95,10000:1.50

post-274161-0-44874500-1393306678_thumb.png

and

set your method to qty

post-274161-0-01511900-1393306679_thumb.png

if your using ver 1.812 of my module

this should give you the result you are looking for :P :thumbsup:

Edited by rpdesign

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

@@discxpress

I was thinking if you broke it down into two separate shipping modules, shop owners could choose which one that better suits their needs.

actually this is not a bad idea but needs to be addressed for future capability. So say a shop owner thinks that table rates are now suited better than flat rates or that flat rates are better suited, or that he needs both! There must be a way to enable just one or all of them.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

SSPP v1.852 will be advailible!!!!

NEW Functions!!

You now can apply a default rate to most of your products and a individual rate for others.

Thanks goes out to plorenze for his great suggestion!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For Ex:

if you have 1000 products and 900 of them use the same shipping rate you can set the default rates for the 900 items and set separate rates for the 100 products left instead of setting separate shipping rates for all of them (w00t)

I still have to create the new install file and make sure this works with v2.3.x of OsCommerce so this should be ready by Sat 03-08-14 11pm PST [it will probably be up sooner, but i'm giving myself plenty of time o:)]

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

I'm having some trouble with this addon. What I want is pretty simple. I have 5 products. I want each product to have a different shipping rate. And if a user adds multiple products, I want the shipping to be no more than $9.50

I've tried using flat rates, table rate, etc and I can't seem to do it.

How do I accomplish this?

I'm using osCommerce 2.3.3.4 and Separate Shipping Per Product v1.81

use the

Max Shipping Rate setting

and set it to $9.50 (w00t) o:)

By the way the Use Default Rates?

is only to be used with the default rates NOT the individual rates.

also in the secondary config [this is where i think you are going wrong in where you haven't set your individual rates]

[the Separate Shipping text below where you set your default rates for this module]

you should see a listing of your individual products just like if you were looking at your catalog. This is where you set your individual rates.

please send in screenshots of your settings! this will help in diagnosing your problems. and please send a screenshot of your left side and right side of your admin in a pm to me

I have not tested this addon with 2.3.3.4 of OsCommerce so i don't know if you have the secondary configuration available to you!

Also you need to set a flat or table rate in the secondary configuration as well. Let me do a default install of OsCommerce 2.3.3.4 on my server and test out the install.

Edited by rpdesign

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

OK, I believe I have done all this, but I'll check one more time. I'll also get screenshots ready if it's still not working. thanks!

use the

also in the secondary config [this is where i think you are going wrong in where you haven't set your individual rates]

[the Separate Shipping text below where you set your default rates for this module]

you should see a listing of your individual products just like if you were looking at your catalog. This is where you set your individual rates.

please send in screenshots of your settings! this will help in diagnosing your problems. and please send a screenshot of your left side and right side of your admin in a pm to me

I have not tested this addon with 2.3.3.4 of OsCommerce so i don't know if you have the secondary configuration available to you!

Also you need to set a flat or table rate in the secondary configuration as well. Let me do a default install of OsCommerce 2.3.3.4 on my server and test out the install.

Hi sent you a PM, please advise. thanks

use the

Hi, thanks so far for this.

It has given me hope!!!!

Here is the problem I am getting (attached), the category has the flat rate of 2.00, and no price is added. I have tried to add the flat rate to the product but again nothing is working.

The only way I have managed to get a value to appear is by doing the "default flat rate", which I obviously don't want.

Thanks so much!

post-327392-0-71578600-1394236173_thumb.jpg

@@Marshiewoo

hi it looks like you took out my comments for the 'title' :thumbsup: This does help somewhat but what do you want to do?

Do you want to have $2 for all products in this category? Or do you want some sub-categories in this category to inherit the $2 rate? Is the product in the picture in the category that you set up the rate for ? What does your configuration for this particular category look like?

Like i said there are several ways to do things. Did you set flat per item or just flat? Do you have a rate in the flat rate area?

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Thanks for your reply Robert.

I want to be able to set a flat rate for each product that I place on oscommerce.

I did set a flat rate for the product that you can see in the previous screenshot, but I haven't had any results when it comes to the checkout, as I showed.

Also, I haven't taken out any comments for the title, no idea what this would do :P

Thanks so much I look forward to your reply. Attached is my current setup.

post-327392-0-79727300-1394379178_thumb.png

@@Marshiewoo

try resetting the shipping mode by re-doing it. This is known bug and hopefully i will have it sorted out by the time i upload v 1.853 of my module.

SSPP v1.853 adds the functionality to apply a default rate to 900 products and have individual rates for 100 products in a shop that has a total of 1000 products.

Basically what happens is that if you set the mode to flat and no flat rate nothing gets placed in the shipping_rates table for the flat rate so when you place a new flat rate here it does not add an entry into the shipping_rate table so you have to re-set this by going to the edit button and then clicking save without changing the mode.

I think that to fix this bug i'll have the shipping method set default values for the flat rate when flat or flat per item is selected as well as the table rates when table or table per item is selected

Edited by rpdesign

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Hi Robert,

Last November someone asked about the instructions for step 5 (editing column_left.php) on osC 2.3.3.4. The instructions for version 1.812 do not address this issue. On January 21, Dr Bachmann suggested column_left.php does not need to be edited with this version of osC - sounds good to me. A couple weeks ago you said you had not tested with 2.3.3.4, yet some people seem to have it running so I went ahead and uploaded all the files. I did not install the module, because when I went to Modules > Shipping > Install in Admin, I got this error, before actually attempting the install:

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in
.../catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/separate.php on line 13

This looks like the issue Mr. Toth identified on January 19. Do you have a solution for this?

Thanks!

-Jerry-

@@jhaugen

hmmm i'll get to work on this. I think this is possibly for the ver number and you should not have to worry about this error as it will only appear once. This is basically what is happening: I have a query that takes the MODULE_SEPERATE_SHIPPING_VERSION from the configuration table and puts it in the module so you know what version you are working on :thumbsup:

However, since you have not installed my module before this entry does not exist in the configuration table yet and therefore returns a non-existent reply! :- this is where you get your error :P Just refresh your admin by f5 or reload your admin you should have the version number and no error. I'll include a slight fix by checking the result for an empty query and if it is not empty to display the ver.

please place this line in your catalog/includes/languages/english/separate.php line 13. This is only for new installs

while($row = tep_db_fetch_array($status_query)){

Edited by rpdesign

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

@jhaugen

sorry here is the final fix:

if ($status_query != ''){
while($row = tep_db_fetch_array($status_query)){
$ver = $row['configuration_value'];
}
}

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

@@rpdesign

I replaced the original lines 13, 14, and 15 with those five lines. That eliminated the admin side error and I loaded the module. The version number showed up after loading. The module defaults to "on" so I immediately checked the front end. Upon checkout, while the system is loading the shipping rates, I got this:

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in.../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/separate.php on line 117
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in ../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/separate.php on line ]135
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in...]/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/separate.php on line 154
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in.../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/separate.php on line 173
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in.../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/separate.php on line210
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in .../]catalog/includes/modules/shipping/separate.php on line 220
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in.../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/separate.php on line 229
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/separate.php on line 253
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in .../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/separate.php on line 277

Looks like the same issue in a different file.

-jerry-

Edited by jhaugen