• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[SSPP] Separate Shipping Per Product----Support Forum

rpdesign

@@hermann1505

Hi Hermann ver 1.7 fixes a lot of issues that you have been having. Just follow the update instructions in the update folder of the new package

You can read about all the new changes here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/391994-sspp-separate-shipping-per-product-support-forum/page__st__80#entry1679866

Edited by rpetet

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Robert,

I'm very new to all of this stuff. Have never done it before but I'm very willing to learn. I have version 2.3.1 and was wondering if I can use the latest version you have. Also, in the instructions it says to add all folders to my shop. Is shop just another word for my computer? I think I can figure out all of the rest of it. Your instructions seem pretty thorough.

Thanks again,

Wyatt

@@awsumdc

In short yes! :D just use the installation for oscommerce 2.3.3 folder and upload those to your online store.

So upload all the catalog files to where your catalog folder resides on your web hosting server. Same thing with the admin folder, pay attention to the fact that if you changed your admin folder's name upload the files in the admin folder there.

Then follow the steps as described. There are only 7 steps for a reason, I didn't want to make it too complicated to install.

The support for oscommerce v 2.3.1 was included with v1.4 of this module by the way :P

And don't forget to look at the troubleshooting.txt file for helpful hints. I do need to update the file though because some of the bugs have been fixed as you can read with the above link for the changes in this ver.

I will be uploading a video on how to update and configure this ver shortly B)

v 1.8 is in the works to provide update support and shipping vendor support etc.. and a few bug fixes.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Hey Robert,

OK, I've tried to up load the changes and it says that the transfer is successful but when I go to the module there is not a choice for separate shipping.

I have version 2.3.1 Does that matter?

I did notice that in step % you say to go to catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php after require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'Modules.php');

On my version it doesn't say "require" It says "includes" so I did it withrequires first and nothing then changed it to includes and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong or is there another version that I need?

Thanks for your help.

Wyatt

Hey Robert,

As stated above, I've followed your tutorials and have gone back a number of times to try to get this up in my shop. I can see that the file for separate shipping has been uploaded to my site but it does not show in the admin section. I'm running version 2.3.1 and I can see that some of the language in the codes is different from what you reference. Like in this area;

"I did notice that in step % you say to go to catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php after require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'Modules.php');

On my version it doesn't say "require" It says "includes" so I did it with requires first and nothing then changed it to includes and still nothing."

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but nothing is showing up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wyatt

Step 4

Add these lines to catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

// SSPP Begin

define('FILENAME_SEPARATE_RATE','separate_rate.php');

//SSPP End

I have a feeling this is where you are missing a step.

Or it could be that the includes/boxes/separate_rate.php file wasn't uploaded?

There are two separate_rate.php files one in admin/includes/boxes and one in admin/

also there are admin/includes/english/separate_rate.php and some button images as well

And yes the text version of the install says require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'Modules.php'); but the html file says include

i believe it should be include( DIR_WS_BOXES . 'Modules.php')

just ftp everything IN the admin folder to your server not the admin folder itself.

Edited by rpetet

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

@awsumdc

it is

//SSPP Begin

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'separate_rate.php');

//SSPP End

in my online demo shop's admin/includes/column_left.php hope this helps :P

Or it could be that the includes/boxes/separate_rate.php file wasn't uploaded?

this should be admin/includes/boxes/separate_rate.php

All this file does is give the proper links to the main separate_rate.php file.

Edited by rpetet

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

don't know

i do know it works with 2.3.3 but probably not with the beta ver of oscommerce

Edited by rpetet

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Hi Robert,

I've a heavily modded shop, 2.2. I was looking for a contri like this. And i found it!! THX!

One little issue; I've the same problem as Hermann. Whatever i change, only the standard rate exist, nothing else.

So, i change the module to what i want for standard, that's no problem, but when i want something different in 1 category, i chance in seperate_rate.php, but no change in shopping-cart.

Also, i did say yes tot 'inherit from parent category', but in seperate_rate.php, it does not.

I have the feeling it's something like a rights problem or so. Where do you think i better can start looking?

Grtz,

G

• 2 weeks later...

Basically all you do is set use default rate? to no :thumbsup: then the rate you set in the separate_rate.php will work!

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Basically all you do is set Use default rates? to no when editing the module :thumbsup: then the rate you set in the separate_rate.php will work!

this is found under modules->shipping->separate rate. in the edit mode

Also, i did say yes tot 'inherit from parent category', but in seperate_rate.php, it does not.

When inheriting rates [which works with the per category setting not the per product setting] the sub category inherits the rate set up by the main category

So if you have $5 set up in the main category as your rate, and $7 for the sub category's rate the sub category's rate will not change in the separate_rate.php [admin side] but rather reflect [inherit] the $5 rate in your catalog side [what your customers see!] This way you can separate out your rates for specials etc...

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Hi Robert,

i use v 2.2. and add your modul going step by step and control all entrys but if i click on Separate Shipping i get a blank page

dont understand why.

all steps from version 1.7 are done exlc. paypal express (i did not use)

thx

alfred

edit:

my categorie.php a verry mofifyed can this be the problem?

Edited by stragami

Hi,

I just migrated to this store format. and I think it is absolutely fantastic. I also love the sspp module because I have some DL that are free and some that are for sale, as well as physical products from different vendor locations (or will be when I get my Disabled Vendor program up and rolling). The DL's should not be charged any shipping and I needed a way to set shipping charges per vendor location in relation to the location of the customer.

However, after reading through all this thread, I am confused as to how to get it installed. I have downloaded the module and changed the language and verbage in the admin side of the store, but don't really know where to go from there. Do I follow the 7-step procedure to get the module installed?

I have ver. 2.3.3.4

Thanks,

xbusymom

Edited by xbusymom

Oh, I just had another thought... is there a way to put an "new shipping / handling fee" option on the admin side... where you could just set the flat rate shipping as zero amount and be able to set up a separate handeling fee (on the product definition page ... maybe) as a substitute for the shipping charges?

Thanks,

xbusymom

Edited by xbusymom

@@stragami

First of all is it on your admin side in modules->shipping->separate shipping? if so then you need to press the install button.

If it is the separate shipping box you need to make sure that you defined the file in admin/includes/filenames.php

@@xbusymom

Here are the steps necessary with my module with lay man terms in order to install properly on your shop, however keep in mind that this module is for shipping rates only not prices of items.

Install instructions

Step 1

Upload all files to your shop.

****You do this with a program such as filezilla [my favorite] or a similar program . If you need help with this i can give a tutorial.

You need to upload the files from the Installation folder after you unzip my package. [i use Alzip for this] if you are using v2.2 of OsCommerce.

You need to upload the files from the Installation for OsCommerce v2.3.3 if you have a v2.3.3 installation.

If you have changed your admin folder's name [excelent security tip by the way ] place the files from the admin folder there.

Step 2

Add these lines to BOTH catalog/includes/database_tables.php AND catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

***if you have placed your admin in a different folder change /admin/ to reflect the new folder. Both files need to be edited. these lines add the databases so Oscommerce can find them. If you neglect this step you will get a "you have an error in your sql syntax in line 1 "and it will have TABLE_SHIPPING_RATE or similar in the error message usually in the begining***

//SSPP [separate Shipping Per Product]

define('TABLE_SHIPPING_RATES', 'shipping_rates');

define('TABLE_SHIPPING_TABLE_RATES', 'shipping_table_rates');

//SSPP End

*** Side note: it doesn't really matter where these lines of code go as long as they are before the last ?> this code [tag] by the way ends the php part***

Step 3

Add these lines to catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

****Neglecting this step will result in BOX HEADING SEPARATE SHIPPING and BOX_SEPARATE_SHIPPING_RATE being displayed in the left hand side of your admin. Again change /admin/ to reflect your admin folder***

// separate shipping box text in includes/boxes/separate_rate.php

define('BOX_HEADING_SEPARATE_SHIPPING','Separate Shipping');

define('BOX_SEPARATE_SHIPPING_RATE', 'Shipping Rates');

Step 4

Add these lines to catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

***Extremely important!!! Without these lines @@stragami i'm talking to you :P Admin will not display the separate_rate.php page to configure the separate rates if not using flat rates.****

// SSPP Begin

define('FILENAME_SEPARATE_RATE','separate_rate.php');

//SSPP End

Step 5

***for OsCommerce 2.2 and v2.3.3 the box file [admin/includes/boxes/separate_rate.php] is different make sure you upload the right one *****

Add these lines to catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php after

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'modules.php');

//SSPP Begin

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'separate_rate.php');

//SSPP End

Step 6

***This is only if you plan to use the Express module with my addon******

If you use the PayPal Express module

In catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php add

// SSPP Begin

class objectInfo {

// added from admin

function objectInfo($object_array) {

reset($object_array);

while (list($key, $value) = each($object_array)) {

$this->$key = tep_db_prepare_input($value);

}

}

}

//SSPP End

after

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT);

***This means add everything between //SSPP Begin to //SSPP End [all the text including the //SSPP Begin and //SSPP End] after the text

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT);*****

Step 7

Enable Separate Shipping by pressing the install button from within the shipping modules area of admin.

***when everything is said and done you should have an option to install this module in v2.2 and v2.3.3.

This will be located in your admin menu on the left hand side under modules->shipping.

OsComm v2.2 shows separate shipping in the list with an install button on the right hand side when selecting separate shipping.

OsComm v2.3.3 hides the modules that are not installed, but a simple check and you will find an install button on the upper right hand side when selecting the modules->shipping option. After clicking this button you will find a list of the shipping modules not installed and lo and behold my module is in the list!

I will be uploading a video to you tube with all the install and config videos updated for v1.7 of my module because i have seen so many people having problems with this. I don't know why,but ok. For example if you wanted to use the famouse [dyslexia setting in (w00t) ] Seperate Pricing Per Customer add on It has over 37 files to edit!! uggh huh :P

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

When editing files i usually like using filezilla as mentioned before to download to a temp folder [filezilla does this for you when clicking on edit within filezilla] and then editing the file in notepad plus plus [an excellent replacement for notepad]. The reason being is that filezilla will automatically re-upload the edited file to your server.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

yes, admin/includes/filename.php are ok (updatet)

modul activate

/catalog/admin/modules.php?set=shipping&module=separate

/catalog/admin/separate_rate.php

both sides i get on click a blank page :(

Edited by stragami

@@stragami

did you upload the files catalog/includes/modules/separate.php and catalog/admin/separate_rate.php?

if you placed the files in the wrong places this could be it.

did you press install on the right hand side for modules->shipping->separate shipping?

Edited by rpetet

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

When editing files i usually like using filezilla as mentioned before to download to a temp folder [filezilla does this for you when clicking on edit within filezilla] and then editing the file in notepad plus plus [an excellent replacement for notepad]. The reason being is that filezilla will automatically re-upload the edited file to your server.

Another side note to all of this:

A little confusion has been going around about how to configure my module. I would like to explain as best as i can with text until my video goes up.

First and foremost my module uses two areas in admin to configure my module

Modules->shipping->separate shipping edit

This is the main configuration for my module and will be referenced as such

Separate Shipping

This is the secondary configuration area and will be referenced as such

in ver 1.0 and above the configuration is different from v1.7 because of several new functions i suggest downloading v1.7 and removing any earlier versions

anyhow here is the explanation of my modules main configuration for earlier versions:

SSPP V1.0 to V1.6

Enable Seperate Shipping Method

options true or false [true if you want to use my module false if you do not]

Default Table Rate [used for all products with all setting]

this is configured in a format such as

25:8.50,50:5.50,10000:0

here is how it works using the above example:

up to 25 price,weight,or qty of an item [semi-colon is placed here] charge $8.50 in shipping [comma is placed here to end this rate and start another rate]

Default Flat Rate [used for all products with all setting]

set a flat rate here for all products

Enable Flat Rate?

options yes or no [yes if you want to use the default flat rate no if you want to use the default table rate when setting is set to all below]

Setting

options are all, category, or products

[set to all to use default rates]

[ set to category to use per category *** this is where most people get confused, the rates for this option are not set in the main configuration but the secondary configuration of my module also in earlier versions this setting worked only for sub categorys***]

[set to products to use per product ***again the rates are not set here for this option but in the secondary configuration****]

Shipping Method [this is used for all table modes the default table in the main configuration as well as individual tables in the secondary configuration]

options are

qty [set this to calculate the shipping based on the amount of items in a customers basket]

price [set this to calculate the shipping based on the price of the items in the customers basket]

weight [set this to calculate the shipping based on the weight divided by the max shipping weight ***configued in the configuration->shipping/packaging*** times the shipping rate of the items in the customers basket]

Handling Fee [this applies to all products]

set a handling fee here

Tax Class [only needed if you state or country imposes a shipping tax not sure why but it is there :rolleyes: ]

choose a tax rate that you have set up in Locations/Taxes->Tax Zones

Shipping Zone [limit this shipping module to show up in a certain country]

this setting determines where you want the separate shipping option to appear --none-- means it will show up everywhere in every country

any other setting this will show up only in the country or zone selected.

Sort Order [where do you want your quote for separate shipping to appear on the checkout_shipping.php page ]

setting to 0 this and other modules line up alphabetically from a-z setting another number means it will appear below lower numbers. So in short the higher the number the further down the list it shows up

Hopefully this describes the main configuration in text form :shifty:

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

i download last version 1.7

"did you upload the files catalog/includes/modules/separate.php"

there is no file in this folder

only in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/separate.php

and this is upload

"did you press install on the right hand side for modules->shipping->separate shipping?" yes

"catalog/admin/separate_rate.php?" upload

Edited by stragami

@@stragami

sorry the catalog/includes/modules/separate.php should be catalog/includes/modules/shipping/separate.php

"did you press install on the right hand side for modules->shipping->separate shipping?" yes

hmmm that is weird and you say nothing shows up ok lets start from the beginning

these are a list of files and where they go:

separate.php catalog/includes/modules/shipping

separate.php catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping

make sure you do not confuse the two

separate_rate.php catalog/admin/

separate_rate.php catalog/admin/includes/languages/english

separate_rate.php catalog/admin/includes/boxes

as above do not confuse them!

these are the main files that make my module work the other files are custom images for the buttons located in catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons:

If your admin is changed to another name this could be the problem as well

so change every instance of /admin/ to reflect your admin's name

Edited by rpetet

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

a little more clarification on the files above when you unzip the file you should see the individual files in their respective folders

if we have to we will unload or remove the module and reinstall it

Edited by rpetet

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

let me take a little to build a video for installation on a default v2.2 shop. This will give me time to explain in detail where everything goes including different senarios. I'll probly upload a vid on how to install in a shop that is not in the main site such as / or /catalog or /henrysshop/catalog/

By the way the categories.php file has nothing to do with the separate_rate.php other than some code i took out to display the categories and products.

My add-ons :

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog