• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal for recurring monthly donations?

senorcosta

I see PayPal is able to accept recurring donations >> https://www.paypal.com/pdn-recurring

I need to be able to use this fuction on my site. Its the last piece to a puzzle for having a Student Sponsorship program for a school in Haiti. See "test" website here>> www.handsofhumanity.org/oscommerce/catalog

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is there an add-on or an adaptation I can use? Any help would be appreciated!!

set up button on paypal end, then paste onto your website whever you want it to show...options are many

so you need a paypal account first, then setup your button, then place where wanted

chances are people will be shunted off to paypal to do the rest/donate

it looks like you already have students set up for a one time donation, you could add a "recurring" button to the catalog page for that student

Web Developer, Firebug, and Notepad++ are powerful free tools for web design.

Thanks for your input! Questions:

1. So I guess there is no PayPal add on to input info and use existing one? Tha's OK I can get around that.

2. "...it looks like you already have students set up for a one time donation, you could add a "recurring" button to the catalog page for that student"

Ideally I'd like to have the option of recurring payments AND a one-time payment for the year. I'm not that familiar with OS and I am having trouble with the Products Attributes. The values would be $25 recurring and $300 one time payment.Can you point me in the right direction?

Hi

If you look at the .txt file that he's put in the download zip - he's added some hard coded hidden fields into the module to pass the payment data to PayPal - sp if you have $25 as the product price then you can alter his hard coded fields to make that monthly, yearly etc etc

Unfortunately it's going to do the same for all products so your $25 recurring is fine but it would make the $300 one-off payment also into a recurring one.

Whether you use PayPal, Stripe, whoever they all need some data send over with individual products to identify a recurring payment rather than a one-off and I don't know anything in osC that allows you to set this per product

Thanks for your input! Questions:

1. So I guess there is no PayPal add on to input info and use existing one? Tha's OK I can get around that.

2. "...it looks like you already have students set up for a one time donation, you could add a "recurring" button to the catalog page for that student"

Ideally I'd like to have the option of recurring payments AND a one-time payment for the year. I'm not that familiar with OS and I am having trouble with the Products Attributes. The values would be $25 recurring and $300 one time payment.Can you point me in the right direction?

A much better way to add and sort products: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4063 + this needed http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/195959-ajax-attribute-manager-support/page__st__1100

^archive your entire shop through your host's control panel or ftp, and back-up your db at the oSc admin panel as well before you attempt to install the add-on as I recall a lot being involved in adding this, but it's been a long time. I still use/have the ad-on ,and love it.

this add-on may give you what you need, and you can still set-up the paypal button and paypal will make the code/button for you. Then you just have to paste it where you want, the only issue is that a 'product'/child will show a price and add to cart button, but the paypal button would be different, you'd have to make a note that it is recurring. There is also a way to not show prices if they are zero, and still have a product page, where you could just have the recurring button.

Edited by ErikMM

Web Developer, Firebug, and Notepad++ are powerful free tools for web design.