• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing invoice

zefeena

Hi,

I increased the length of my product title (as typically no-one ever bothers to click on the 'more info bit!),

However, the product title is longer than the space on my invoice, so part of it is not printing, whihc means i'm having to look back on the ewebsite to figure out what size the item is, as that info was at the ned of the 'title'

Can someone please tell me how i make my printaed invoice show a longer product, and also where i would edit the layout of the invoice generally - namely the customer shipping address, as i want it to show slightly differently.

I have looked, but i don't want to mess things up, and it isn't obvious to me!

Thank you

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

I just edited my invoice to put an entirely differnt logo/label at top, and address just below it (added a table row to do it)

catalog/admin/invoice or packing slip (I never usethe packing slips, just invoices)

don't have original code, so compare what's below to your original and you'll see the difference

<!-- body_text //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<tr>
<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
 <td class="pageHeading" align="left"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . 'logo_invoice.png', STORE_NAME); ?></td>
<tr></tr>
<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo nl2br(STORE_NAME_ADDRESS); ?></td>

</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>

I also had to edit cat/admin/includes/stylesheet because I hated the huge bold address

/* page */
.pageHeading { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold;}/*color: #727272;*/

as far as the other long title stuff, not sure what you mean, but mine prints great think I added ajax product module at one time for all the options I have, and it all prints fantasitcally

Web Developer, Firebug, and Notepad++ are powerful free tools for web design.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my set out for my invoice is fine, its the product length that is not printing in full for example. This is a typical invoice. I have managed to make the descriptions longer on the website for some items. The short descriptions (first 4 items) are fine, but the last one is incomplete on the invoice, though complete on the website and in the admin panel. This cause a problem if the colour or size is in the last part of the description as I can't then see this information on the invoice.

Really getting annoyed with it now!

1.00 x Suspender Fittings - 30mm SILVER Metal HOOK, each SM-HOOK-30 £0.18 £0.18<br> 12.00 x Bra/Suspender Fittings - 12mm SILVER Metal SLIDER, each SM-SLID-12 £0.10 £1.20 3.00 x Elastic - Non-Slip Plush - 10mm Cream, per metre BEPN-10-C £0.55 £1.65 12.00 x Bra/Suspender Fittings - 12mm SILVER Metal RING, each SM-RING-12 £0.10 £1.20 1.00 x Bramaking , Bra Cup, pre-moulded, size 34B, use with W34 style o9 wires, colour Dark La £2.50 £2.50

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Okay, managed to figure this out!

In my cpanel, php admin I opened up the database.

I had already changed the length in products_description but it was also in orders_products that needed changing

Essentially I changed the Product NAME, which was originally limited to 99, but i increased it to 250 characters to ensure as much info as i needed was in the product title, so immediately visible to the customer - as they never bother to click on the item and actually read the description!

Hope that helps out anyone else who gets stuck with it!

Archived