• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

beanstream - falsely flags transactions as duplicate

jimlongo

Hi, I use the bean_webobject.php module to process visa and mastercard transactions with TD Bank.

It all works for the most part.

The 1 minor problem is that if someone purchases a product for let's say $100 -> checksout and pays, then immediately in the same session tries to purchase another product for the same dollar amount, the order will be rejected as a "Duplicate Transaction".

Both purchase attempts contain an 'Order Number' and 'Transaction Id'.

Purchase 1 (successful) will have both order and transaction of let's say 123456

The next attempt (unsuccessful) will have a different order and transaction number (let's say 123457)

Yet they will be flagged as duplicates.

When I look at the bean_webobject.php I suspect it is only checking sessionID and that's why it thinks it's a dupe.

Anybody know enough about this module to comment on a fix?

Thanks,

jim

@@jimlongo

Beanstream does not get the order ID, it receives the session variables. Therefore, if the customer tries to make a similar purchase in the same session, Beanstream flags it. It is a security protocol with Beanstream, not osCommerce.

Chris