• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Display text Only on Manufacturer page, or categories page

NuDreamer

I am trying to figure out.. I have a block of text I want to display, but I only want it to show up on Manufacturer pages. It will be the same on all pages. I know there is a "if page has manufacturer_id" statement that I can write.. I just don't know how to. Can anyone give me an example or where to start?e

Thanks Ken0306, but thats not quite going to work. I have Header Tags SEO installed. I am actually trying to put some text further down the page, and using the Header Tags Contribution will not put that where I want it.

To explain further, I want to place an include on the page, but it should only be called if the page is a manufacturer page. So it needs to say, if manufacturer page, include filename. Thats all.

This is a bit rough but it may give you an idea of where to look

Assuming you are using 2.3 in your index.php page look for

<h1><?php echo $catname; ?></h1>

after that add

<?php echo TEXT_WHATEVER; ?>

Then in your includes/language/english/index.php

add

define('TEXT_WHATEVER', 'Enter your text here.');

With quick testing this seems to put text at the top of the manufacturers page, and not the categories page, or any other pages that I could see. It may need a bit of refining, but it may get you started.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Thanks RS that gave me a start. I did get a resolve however! Burt sent me this bit of code that did just the fix I needed. Its posted below for anyone else who may be interested.

<?php
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
 echo "manufacturer stuff";
}
?>

Archived