Latest News: (loading..)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blockrocker

Can I make oscommerce almost invisible?

6 posts in this topic

Is this possible with osCommerce:

I have a page filled with images (and nothing else). User clicks on as many images as he wants and that makes (with help of javascript) changes to an invisible form. The form then gets submitted and all the selected products are inserted to the osCommerce system.

In other words, can I insert several products from a html form to osCommerce all at once? Can anyone point me in the right direction what I should study?

Not exactly.

You would create products. You would then create a page to hold these products images. You would then ask the customer to select the products. The page would have one overall buy button, which links the images to the shopping_cart

It sounds familiar.

HI!

Thanks for your comment!

I guess that being the situation it comes down to this question:

Is it possible for the customer to select products simply by clicking on the images? Let's say the shop sells nuts and bolts. Could I program the system so that if the customer clicks three times on the image of a bolt and two times on the image of a nut then he buys three bolts and two nuts? Javascript is fine to use if that helps. That brings me to a second question: can I do what ever I want on my shop pages with javascript or does osCommerce limit the use of javascript somehow? Do I have full control of the page and all its elements?

@@blockrocker

NO, but you can put a quantity box in the product description to allow the customer to enter the quantity that they want of that item.

Chris

Yes, you could do that with a bit of .js trickery.

Not sure if this would work in what you want exactly.

Note that the big numbers are simply showing how many times I clicked each image (for ease of viewing on video, this could easily be removed).

So, what do we have here; images only, which are clickable & one buy button powers the whole selection.

You can see that you are not limited in what osCommerce can do.