• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error with virtual merchant transaction

milauskas

Hi,

I have an osc site built for a client and now customers can't complete any orders. It's been up and running for 6+ years (it's version 2.2). There was some hacking (a bunch of spam emails were being sent from the site) so I don't know if that's related to this, but when I try to go through checkout I enter my credit card (real or fake) and I get this error from virtual merchant.

An Error Occurred While Processing Your Request Error Code : 4000 Error Name : VID Not Supplied Error Message : The VirtualMerchant ID was not supplied in the authorization request.

This is on a virtual merchant page, not on any page from the client's site/domain.

I didn't install the module to be able to use elevon as a payment gateway. That was done by a third party. However, it's worked for years and now I'm getting this error.

Any solutions? Does anyone know what this error refers to? Thanks!

@@milauskas

I would check the site for more anomalous code. It is common for hackers to send copies of credit card information to their email to use at a later date. Also, your client should hire a professional developer to check the site and correct it to make it operational and secure.

Chris

Thanks, Chris.

I'll probably have to get someone to clean things up (did this a couple years ago for another problem).

Is there anywhere in particular that I could look in the meantime to see if there's any more anomalous code? Any common areas where these things occur?

Hi

Elavon is saying that when the customer's data gets to them that theVID is missing/empty/maybe invalid. Find the payment module that handles the transaction and look for the bit in the code that is sending the data - it's probably being send as the field ssl_merchant_id in function before_process() - it should be picking up some value entered via the store admin (Try maybe chucking in a php exit() statement with the suposed value in it to see if it's getting that far.

Thanks guys. Actually I downloaded the (new?) virtual merchant payment module add on. Looks like it was different from the one that was being used before. I talked with Virtual Merchant directly and although my merchant ID, etc were all correct something wasn't working.

When I installed the new VM add on I was able to complete a transaction.