• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

admin not working anymore / strange @ osc 2.3.1

VanAlles

Hi all,

Since yesterday my admin behaves strange. If I login my browser hangs and nothing happens anymore. However if I choose one of the admin pages, like version_check.php. I see it and everything else for admin. However, going to the admin (thus index.php) I get the endless waiting again.

This is very suspicious, so I made a backup and compared it to one of two months ago. Result: no differences other then logs, caches and DB.

Worse: I've running three shops at the same host and they all have the same problem (without having changed them for months), so I suspect the hosting party. However they deny.

So, I need to find the problem: why is it behaving like that? What stops php like this? What change on the host??

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Van

In your admin/includes/application top try changing

// Set the level of error reporting

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

to

// set the level of error reporting

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

//error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_STRICT);

and see if you get any error messages. Dont forget to change it back once you have finished.

The other way could be to read the error log file in your admin folder to see if there are any errors in there that might be causing it.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Thanks Steve,

I traced the problem down to:

d_latest_news.php

d_latest_addons.php

And, after removing them from the dashboard everything is fine again.

Wrote a little curl - test and guess what ... from the development server I can reach http://feeds.feedburner.com/<*> and from the production server I can't. Grrrrrr

Archived