Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weinhexe

URL problem in bilingual shop causes duplicate content

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I already posted this problem in the German forum, but unfortunately nobody can help. So now I hope the larger English speaking community will have a good idea for me.

 

My shop: http://www.weingut-fuchs.de/online-shop/

Version OSC 2.2 RC2, many addons and other modifications added, among them Chemo's SEO URLs 2.8

The shop was originally available in German only. Since I added an English version in autumn, I got some trouble with duplicate content.

 

The problems (both also occur in the local XAMPP version, SEO URLs deactivated):

1. the main categories and all products have now three URLs for the same page, e.g.

../online-shop/white-wines-c-40.html =

../online-shop/weissweine-c-40.html?language=en =

../online-shop/white-wines-c-40.html?language=en

 

Questions:

I would like to add a canonical url to each page referring the URLs contains ?language=.. to each one's original. Any idea how to do that? I tried to redirect the pages including the language attribute in the .htaccess, but it does not work.

 

2. The sub-categories, showing the product_listing have an additional problem: after a click onto the flag within such a category, a sort attribute is additionally added to the URL:

original URL: ../online-shop/rose-wines-c-42.html

click on German: ../online-shop/rose-wines-c-42.html?language=de&sort=products_sort_order

click on English: ../online-shop/roseweine-und-blanc-noir-c-42.html?language=en&sort=products_sort_order

 

Question:

I would like to get rid of the "&sort=products_sort_order" in the URL, but I cannot find where it is added.

 

I hope that someone has an idea what to do or can explain to me, how the link to the language versions in the file

../includes/boxes/languages.php is constructed.

Unfortunately I do not understand much of the classes.

 

Further informations:

We run a parallel mobile version of the shop: http://www.weingut-fuchs.de/m/shop/

Both shops use the same data base, language files and admin, only the templates are different.

 

The mobile shop does not provide the problem no. 2. Therefore I copied these files from the mobile to the "classic" version as a try, but without result:

application_top.php

header.php

boxes/languages.php

classes/languages.php

classes/seo.class.php

functions/general.php

functions/html_output.php

index.php

 

Thank you for your attention and for all hopefully good ideas and informations to come!

 

Kind regards

weinhexe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the problem removed if you disable your url rewritter off in your admin configuration seo urls area.


REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×