• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Price Updater changes wrong price in Specials

Hi,

I installed the Price Updater addon (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2014) to reduce all prices by 25% and it seemed to work. Then I noticed that in the Specials category the Before price was changed and not the After price. I need it the other way around. I need the new price to be the one to change.

See images of before and after using the addon.post-142644-0-08239800-1357130539_thumb.jpgpost-142644-0-16224400-1357130552_thumb.jpg

I am using osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

I have access to phpmyadmin so I'd even consider using a mySQL string.

Edited by tmckee

It look like the price held in the specials table was not updated.

Have you checked the support thread for that add-on to see if there is a solution there?

Otherwise there are several posts of the sql to change the price on the product table you could amend to apply to the specials table.

Google

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums update products set

HTH

G

@@tmckee

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

It isn't the product table that needs to be changed. It's Special New Price, but the addon changes the Special Old Price instead.

The addon is designed to change prices globally and for the most part it does that fine. But in Specials, it changes the wrong price.

It's almost as though they need to be done separately.

Edited by tmckee

If you used that google search I gave you

you could amend to apply to the specials table.

HTH

G

@@tmckee

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

The price updater changes only the regular price, not the specials price. There is no "specials old price", that's just the regular price of the product.

How many specials do you have? Most stores don't have that many, and don't change them that often, so an automated way of doing that is not needed.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I have access to phpmyadmin so I'd even consider using a mySQL string.

Yes, the google search I gave above shows how to update the price on products

You can alter this to adjust the specials price.

For more info on mysql ww3schools.com

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Yes, as I mentioned, I followed your little search string. Also.as I mentioned in several posts previously, I don't want to change the product price globally. I want to exclude Specials.

The price updater changes only the regular price, not the specials price. There is no "specials old price", that's just the regular price of the product.

How many specials do you have? Most stores don't have that many, and don't change them that often, so an automated way of doing that is not needed.

Regards

Jim

The Price Updater changes the Prices globally. Look at the images. The Price Updater changes the prices in Red in the Specials area.

post-142644-0-08239800-1357130539_thumb.jpg

post-142644-0-16224400-1357130552_thumb.jpg

Have a look at the db, you can do what you want using phpmyadmin and the info you already have.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Maybe you're right and I'm misunderstanding you. I've been working 20 hour days for a while.

This is my problem:

In the Specials area, the number in Red is the actual price of the products called "products_price". the number in black is called "specials_new_products_price" and that's the price that's charged.

When we use the Price Updater, it changes "products_price" throughout the entire site because that's what the price is called throughout the entire site.

You created the Specials, and reduced the price (("specials_new_products_price")black number) by 25%. Then when I used the Price Updater I reduced the "products_price" by 25% so the numbers matched because both were reduced by 25%.

When I use the Price Updater, it changes the prices globally - even in Specials.

How is this solved?

post-142644-0-16224400-1357130552_thumb.jpg

post-142644-0-08239800-1357130539_thumb.jpg

Edited by tmckee

By writing a query to update the prices in the specials table, actually to multily them by 0.75.

I assumed when you said you could use phpmyadmin and a query string you could work out how to change a query that updates one field in the products table to update a different one in the specials table.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

The only thing I see in the DB under Specials is "specials_new_products_price". That's the price we don't want to change.

Also, by multiplying by .75 reduces the price by another 75%, right?

By writing a query to update the prices in the specials table, actually to multily them by 0.75.

I assumed when you said you could use phpmyadmin and a query string you could work out how to change a query that updates one field in the products table to update a different one in the specials table.

Apparently not.