• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to password protect admin

shehzu

Hello guys I installed php apache etc using Appserv and i have downloaded a free template from template monster. it is running on oscommerce 2.2 . please bear in mind i have installed it locally, on local host and It is being used for my dissertation

I want to put more protection on the admin side and would appreciate if someone could help

I would recommend deleting it and installing a later version, at least 2.3.1 and preferably 2.3.3 which has htaccess integrated to the admin sign in.

Failing that read and implement this.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/313323-how-to-secure-your-oscommerce-22-site/

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

@@geoffreywalton thanks i might just change the folder name for a start. the other problem i`m encountering is with the email server. Everytime I register a new customer what I get is this

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() inC:\AppServ\www\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\AppServ\www\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:520) inC:\AppServ\www\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 33

I have changed the setting in PHP.INI and put the mail server to

smtp.orangehome.co.uk [my isp is orange]

& send mail from my orange email address. which is [email protected]

on admin panel my options are

E-Mail Transport Method smtp icon_arrow_right.gif E-Mail Linefeeds LF icon_info.gif Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails false icon_info.gif Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false icon_info.gif Send E-Mails true

Whenever I register someone it gives me the error i have pasted above but it registers the user. any ideas what I could do ?

update

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 503 5.5.0 need RCPT before DATA in C:\AppServ\www\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\AppServ\www\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:520) inC:\AppServ\www\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 33

Your hast probably has anti-spam measures in place that will prevent you from sending email through their server from outside their data center. Ask them if there is a way to make this work.

As @@geoffreywalton said, you are playing with a very old, obsolete version of osCommerce. Why are you doing this? This old version is much more difficult to work with, and you won't find as much support here as you will for current versions. If your purpose is to build a working store, delete that old code and download the current version from this site.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived