• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discount Coupon Code addon

mitchsb

OK, as I'm fairly new to Oscommerce and I don't know how to install addons, I have questions.

I tried to install the Discount Coupon Code addon today. I did as the instructions say, but I can't get it to work. It said to install these files:

catalog/admin/discount_codes.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/discount_codes.php

catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount.php

And to modify catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_tax.php file to go from:

function process() {

global $order, $currencies, $tax_discount; // Discount Code 3.1.1

reset($order->info['tax_groups']);

while (list($key, $value) = each($order->info['tax_groups'])) {

if (!empty($tax_discount[$key])) $value -= $tax_discount[$key]; // Discount Code 3.1.1

if ($value > 0) {

to:

function process() {

global $order, $currencies;

reset($order->info['tax_groups']);

while (list($key, $value) = each($order->info['tax_groups'])) {

if ($value > 0) {

I did all of this. However, I can't figure out where to go to install the module. I think I found the place, but I'm not sure. I went to "order total" and installed "MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_TOTAL". I have no idea if this is the right one. But when I looked at it, I got the following:

Warning: include(/home/content/88/9452888/html/cart2/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_discount.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/88/9452888/html/cart2/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 129

And this:

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/88/9452888/html/cart2/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_discount.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/88/9452888/html/cart2/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 129

Please help.

The errors tells that you have eighter not added the language files for the add-on or you have added them in the wrong place.

This is the one which is missing

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_discount.php

OK, I put that in and now I get this:

Fatal error: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Cannot redeclare class ot_discount in /home/content/88/9452888/html/cart2/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 130