• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Directory Links Showing In Browser-How To Fix?

broadstreetbully

I installed a new osc store in my "/shop/" directory and whenever I log into my admin and click "online catalog" I'm taken to "website-name/shop" instead of website-name/shop/index.php and my whole directory is listed for all to see....

also, for some reason my whole directory is posted if you type in "website-name/shop" and all the php files are listed...

shouldn't these be hidden? do I need to make a file to hide them?

how can I fix these issues??

please help and thanks!

the rights are set to 755, same as all other folders.

I have one more question since I was lucky enough to get replies from people who seem to know their stuff (w00t)

I host several sites from one account...

my latest site, which I'm asking you guys about now, is named-in the file manager/cPanel- "new-website"...all my others are named (the directories are named) "new-website.com" or "new-website.net" with the ".net/.com" extensions showing....for some reason when the newest domain was added it didn't have the ".net" after it in the directory like the other 4 or 5 do/did...

so after seeing that & me thinking that might have something to do with the problem I made a new directory called "new--website.net", downloaded my entire "new-website" directory and FTP'd it to the new directory with the ".net" extension...

now...the actual website showed, the front end, but the admin disappeared...404 message...I did change all the paths in includes/configure and admin/includes/configure since the were all "home4/******/new-website/shop" (changed them to "home4/******/new-website.net/shop" but the admin still was gone...

I contacted the host, who used to be outstanding at fixing issues like these, but I think they might have sold out to a different company because the reply I got was that I should check with the website design :wacko: ....website "design" has nothing to do with how links & directories work...I don' think....stylesheets & hex codes wouldn't change directories & where they point to...

sorry if I confuse anyone...

just trying to get this fixed so I can finish up & go live...

thanks!

Archived