• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Payments Advanced & osC 2.3.3 Not Working

mvanderhoff

I am using osCommerce 2.3.3 (used to be osCommerce 2.3.1) and PayPal Payments Advanced is not working.

It was an easy installation and followed the steps provided by PayPal's YouTube video; also found that some of that information was wrong and corrected it.

However, upon receiving an order it completes the transaction but there is no information shown on the osC 2.3.3 order page nor do we (or the customer) receive a notification that order was processed.

We are using PayPal Payments Pro currently which works fantastic but would love to be able to use the PayPal Payments Advanced because we do not use a virtual terminal to do transactions.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...

I can not find solution to PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Express Checkout

I think about give up the osCommerce and try another solution to be able to use PayPal without problems.

Click me>>

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem with regard paypal, which they invetigated giving the below response... blaming OS commerce for the problem:

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your email.

I have reviewed the issue with all screenshots.

I do appreciate the detailed explanation too.

As I see, when you are going through a standard checkout there is an address provided by a user on your site and the and shipping module generates amounts that has to be charged. Next all this information suppose to be going to PayPal checkout page. However, in your instance there VAT and Shipping fees are not passed on at all.

You are getting VAT and Shipping correctly after logging because of a call-back function which is referring back to the OScommerce shipping module and collect missing info. This is a common procedure for express checkout shortcut.

The same thing happens when a user selects the checkout shortcut. image003.gif

However at this option no addresses is selected and no VAT, shipping fees are generated by the OScommerce shipping module. At this point PayPal is calling back to OScommerce with the address chosen on PayPal account and asking for the shipping price and if does not receive the value from the shipping module, it places some fixed value.

From examples blow I see that the TAX and Shipping are calculated differently too.

Referring to these problem I can assume that there is an issue with a shipping module or PayPal related modules on OScommerce.

• 2 months later...

I just installed v2.3.3 with PayPal Advanced in two stores. It worked in one of them, but that was because all of the items in that store were non-taxable. In the other, it only worked with nontaxable items and with items that were an even number of dollars (i.e. $1.00 and $5.00). In other words, it didn't work with taxable items that cost $4.95 and $2.95. It took me a while to figure out the problem. I ended up changing just one line in the PayPal supplied code. You can read my solution at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/388458-paypal-advanced-paypal-payflow/

Here's what I think happened: In the update from v2.3.1 to v2.3.3, a rounding error was fixed by storing the amount of a transaction with 4 decimal places, instead of just 2. Meanwhile, PayPal code read that amount and failed whenever it had more than 2 decimal places.

The fix is simple, you just need to change one line of code in order to round the amount of the transaction, as supplied to PayPal, to two decimal places. I have notified PayPal Support about the bug fix. Once they update their supplied code, PayPal Advanced should work equally well with versions 2.3.1 and 2.3.3. In the meantime, you can use 2.3.3 and install the fix yourself.

Howard