• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PCI Compliance Scan Failures Oscommerce or my host provider

Tiff13

Where to start? Trustwave performs the PCI compliance scans and I've got 2 issues on my website giving me a failure status causing me to pay a failure fee to my merchant account provider.

1) Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerability - evidence on page: http://www.houseofaberrant.com/advanced_search.php says to ..."escape all non alpha-numeric characters..."

2) BEAST (Browser Exploit Against SSL/TLS) Vulnerability - evidence lists a bunch of Cipher Suites for example SSLv3 : SEED-SHA

My site is v2.3.2

Thanks in advance for the advice

Tiffany

For nr. 1 , have a look at: ANTI Cross Site Scripting attacks

Can not say for sure, but nr. 2 sounds like a server/hosting issue.

1) Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerability - evidence on page: http://www.houseofaberrant.com/advanced_search.php says to ..."escape all non alpha-numeric characters..."

That means you can only search with A-Z, a-z, and 0-9 characters. That might be fine for english, but for foreign languages it becomes a problem if language specific characters cannot legitimately be searched for (eg, German umlauts üöä).

That XSS vulnerability is a false report. It is already secure by default in your version (v2.3.2).

:heart:, osCommerce

Don't have any languages other than English right now.

That isn't the point. The point is that XSS vulnerability is a false report and if that company doesn't know better, then I wouldn't use their services. It looks like they will report anything to you just so you can pay a "failure fee".

:heart:, osCommerce

That isn't the point. The point is that XSS vulnerability is a false report and if that company doesn't know better, then I wouldn't use their services. It looks like they will report anything to you just so you can pay a "failure fee".

Ah ha, OK I get it now! Thank you @@Harald Ponce de Leon that gives me a good perspective, I will keep that in mind. Makes it a challenge when the bank dictates who is used to monitor my sites PCI compliance.

Thanks again,

Tiffany

Archived