• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Account Creation Bombing

TBK3

I have had a stable, ongoing OSC site for years.

I have just learned that visitors are now getting blank pages when they hit continue from the Create Account page. I've made no changes to OSC for two years.

I am not getting any entries in the error logs, so don't quite know where to begin troubleshooting.

Any Ideas???

Check if you hosting have upgraded the php version, if so you might have to upgrade your shops codes accordingly.

One way to find out what is happening is

Change this line in includes/application_top.php

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

to

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_STRICT);

Then run through your store pages and see what the results are.

Dont forget to change it back after you have finished or customers will see these errors and some pages may not load correctly.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I cannot even get the log in page this morning. I made the changes to application_top.php and saw this in the error logs:

12-Nov-2012 16:35:23] [client 64.7.70.206 ] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent in /big/dom/xwhatwouldwaltdo/www/Secure_Server/guestlogin.php on line 0

[12-Nov-2012 16:35:23] [client 64.7.70.206 ] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent in /big/dom/xwhatwouldwaltdo/www/Secure_Server/guestlogin.php on line 0

[12-Nov-2012 16:38:53] [client 64.7.70.206 ] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent in /big/dom/xwhatwouldwaltdo/www/Secure_Server/guestlogin.php on line 0

Unfortunately, it means nothing to me. "Not Founds" I can handle but this ...?

Archived