• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product and Orders cart blank (inconsistent)

mac2me

hi there,

This issue just started two days ago out of nowhere. Products added to the cart list no name, no id, no price... But yet in the actual subtotal total the price is correct ( see cartissue.jpg).

STORE : osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

WEIRD ISSUE: This is not happening with every product but to the majority of products that have been added in within last few weeks only ( maybe up to two months ).

Since it is random could it be a database issue? Any ideas or anyone ever seen anything like this before ? Ive been running this store forever and have never experienced this. HELP !

liz

This shows 2 items in the cart.... but only one is displaying the product name, image etc.... they are both $2 so in the actual cart total $4 is correct but the product is missing

post-212334-0-61264100-1352662271_thumb.jpg

I'm receiving the OrderProcess/Reciepts like this:

Order Number: 9523

Detailed Invoice: https://www.*******.com/account_history_info.php?order_id=9523

Date Ordered: Saturday 10 November, 2012

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x () = $0.00

Delivery IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD

1 x Shamrock large 6.73w X 7.07h (AIWL109L) = $2.00

Delivery IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD

------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Total: $2.00

Total: $2.00

@@mac2me

I suggest checking with your hosting provider to see if they have updated the server software. You are running an out-dated version of osCommerce so it may be time for a new store.

Chris

Yes, very outdated and we are in the midst of the upgrade but until then we still need this store to keep ticking along as it had.

I will check with server guys to see if any changes were made but, I do question how a change would only effect certain products but not all, if a change in configuration was the answer ?

thank you

liz

@@mac2me

SQL updates in particular may affect how database requests are handled depending on the function you are performing. Your example illustrates a virtual product, are all of the affected products virtual ? Have you made any 'updates' to the affected products ? (where the data has had to be changed)

Chris

@@DunWeb the products in the attached example are both virtual, but this does also effect our shippable products too.

The only consistency I see in which products it seems to effect is the newer products that were added recently ( approx. 3month ago to current). I will try making some 'adjustments' to some of the older products and see if by chance that does cause an issue ( date_modified).

Also, I haven't done a database or even table replace from a backup yet.... as I was hoping someone may have experience with this type of issue.

So, will see how the two above trials go. thanks.

@@mac2me

I am not suggesting making database changes. The first question is, has your hosting provider updated the server software in the past few months ? These types of unexplained issues are often caused by server updates.

Chris

Good news, I believe I have located the issue.

In the products table - vendors_id has a default of 1 but, is being updated as 0.

It seems to be affecting the products displaying properly when added to the shopping cart. If I manually change vendors_id = 1 the product adds to the shopping cart without any issues. And we do have Vendor mod installed but hasn't been operational at least 2 years now.

Now I will need to locate why this field suddenly is not updating as should be, even though it is set by default to 1. any ideas ?

thanks

liz

The default doesn't matter if the code in categories.php sets it to 0. Check the code that was added for MVS to see what's happening when you add or update a product.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived