• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax Displaying Intermittently

seanmccabe

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded the store to v2.3.0 and had a few problems that have been sorted, but completely missed another.

The store isn't always showing the price including tax, the homepage, catalogue aren't always showing the price with tax, however, under the product_info.php page, they are always shown with tax included. Also under 'shopping_cart.php' the product is displayed including tax, but the sub-total isn't.

I have searched this forum and others and I know a lot of people have had a similar issue, but their's tend to be showing or not, not in some, and so in other places.

I have gone through a lot of them and checked the settings.

Under "My Store" the option is set to display prices with tax, I know this is correct as some products are showing their products with tax, and when I turn it off, they all display price without tax.

I have the tax zones and classes all set up, as again when its working for some products, it is displaying correctly.

I can only assume, somewhere in the code, there is something that is preventing the store displaying it without tax.

I have also gone through the database, and ensured all the products are using the correct '

products_tax_class_id

' as I noticed, some weren't using the right one. They are also all setup with the correct tax glass under the product options in the admin panel.

This problem is driving me mental, and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also attached an image to show what I mean if I haven't explained it clearly. The product in the top right is displaying the correct price including tax, but the others are not.

I did just notice the from the image, and going through each category in the store, that the 1st product on each page is showing correctly, but the rest are not. This is the same whether you are on page 1 2 or 5. So seems to be an issue with display the product after the 1st one, but I do not know where to find this in the code or what change to make. If someone could point it out?

post-316064-0-30417500-1352591887_thumb.png

From your description (only first item display correct price with tax), it looks like something could be wrong in the query and/or loop of includes/modules/new_products.php (assuming that your image is showing the new products module)

Something similar could be in shopping_cart.php

Could be that the template maker messed up something here, best is you compare both files with the default osCommerce files

From your description (only first item display correct price with tax), it looks like something could be wrong in the query and/or loop of includes/modules/new_products.php (assuming that your image is showing the new products module)

Something similar could be in shopping_cart.php

Could be that the template maker messed up something here, best is you compare both files with the default osCommerce files

@@multimixer Thanks, I will compare the shopping_cart.php files and see what I turn up, as well as the new_products.php files. This is also occuring on the index.php page, and whenever you go into the categories. Which files would I be comparing in this case?

Many thanks.

Hi @@multimixer

I attempted to look through the file you mentioned, but both are very different. So I did a bit of cheating and but the original new_products.php directly in place of the template version, but the issue persisted.

Any ideas of where to go from here?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok well I thought it was fixed, but apparently not. Turns out if a product has attributes, and you try to add to cart, the cart page says the "cart is empty".

Any ideas? Hoping @@multimixer maybe able to help again as it is related to the original problem.

Thx.

Archived