• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Urgently Required, failure to hook up to database after moving site

Eaviator

Hey Gang,

Hope everyone's doing well over the weekend here but I've run into some grief maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

One of the problems I had with the initial re-install was the new server wouldn't allow me to use the same database name, it had to be preceded by their own particular heading, same for the user. So to effect this I renamed them appropriately and got the site working OK. It's connecting to the database OK as all products are showing up OK and it's working as far as that's concerned. It's just it won't allow me into the admin section now. These are the files I found that had database and usernames in them. I thought I caught all of them:

home/includes/configure.php

home/admin/includes/configure.php.

There has to be something I've missed here...sigh. After transferring our site to the new server everything went well, that is until I tried logging into the Admin section of our site. I'm getting failure messages like this:

Warning: require(/var/www/vhosts/xyz.com/httpdocs/includes/classes/action_recorder.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xyz/public_html/org_pages/includes/classes/action_recorder.php on line 13

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/www/vhosts/xyz.com/httpdocs/includes/classes/action_recorder.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xyz/public_html/org_pages/includes/classes/action_recorder.php on line 13

What have I missed, and where can I find it? I know it's got to be something to do with hooking up to the database and the right permissions for it, but for the life of me I can't find where or what I've missed. Maybe someone has an idea that'll help me figure this damn puzzle out. Many thanks guys...Cheers!

Hi

probably you have false admin directory defination in home/admin/includes/configure.php. The admin site have to use admin action recorder class and not the shop class. Look after the correct confiuration.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Eaviator

I just had this issue on a Siteground hosting account and the only solution I could find was to change the /admin/includes/configure.php this line:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', ' /home/youraccount/catalog/');

to:

define( 'DIR_FS_CATALOG', realpath( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/../../' ) . '/' );

This solution was provided by FWR Media and it corrected the issue on the siteground server.

Chris

Hey Chris,

You mean like this ???

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/var/www/vhosts/xyz.com/httpdocs/'); because that's already done as you see it here...thanks.

What about the define('DIR_WS_CATALOG' , '/'); part would that have anything to do with it?

Thanks for trying to help.

BTW I'm using version 3.2.1 of osCom and HostPapa as a provider if that twigs anyone's grey matter...

Cheers,

DougB

@@Eaviator

No, I mean replace this: define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', ' /home/youraccount/catalog/');

with this: define( 'DIR_FS_CATALOG', realpath( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/../../' ) . '/' );

in the /admin/includes/configure.php file.

Chris

Archived