• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

spanish contact us email doesnt recognize ñ or á,é,í,ó, ú

Andrizza

Hello , I´ m having a problem with the spanish special characters, when a customer send an email and there are words like "año" i get "a&ntildeo" . When a customer write "compró" y get "compró".

Does anybody knows what should I modify to get the spanish characters when a customer send me a contact us email?

When I installed the spanish contribution I noticed that the words that had spanish characters looked wrong on the website, they looked like "a&ntildeo" and "compró" so I modified manually every spanish file, every word that had ñ or á, é, í, ó ú I wrote ñ and ó, then the website looked fine but I dont know what to do with the emails that I get from customers.

Any idea of how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

regards

Andrea

Hi,

you have a charset conflict in html contact-us form. The best charset is utf8 and not the latin-1. There would be suggested that use in core and database the same charset encodings. utf8 standards can use many characters in the same time without any problems. If you would prefer the latin-1 code page Html entitles conversions need for you.

try to find this code in contact_us.php:

$HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry']

and modify to:

htmlentities($HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry'])

The same solutions may be works for name and email subjects.

I hope this help.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

hi, thanks for your answer, anyway after reading and reading I found out how to fix it, in admin panel I changed the email options : Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails to true and problem fixed.

But... I still having a similar problem in another file. When I create a new account if I dont fill the space that must be fill I get the message that says " you must complite with your telephone number " (in spanish of course) and I get the same problem.

in espanol.php file If I type the spanish words like this : mínimo I get mA-nimo

If I type the spanish words like this : mínimo I get mínimo

so what i did on the rest on the site that was to write all the words using í for the í doesnt seem to work here and writting the words as á, é,í, ó and ú doest work either.

Im using osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1 on Linux server

Any idea to fix this one?

thanks!!

• 1 month later...

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.