• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dual Pricing

envy2000

• 4 weeks later...

Please don't bump, it is against forum rules.

I have found some post just by searching that may be possible to modify to your need. I'm going to work on this idea too. I kinda like this option for a coffee site I'm doing.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...ight=two+prices

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...ight=two+prices

Steve

-------------------------

My thought on this is making the prices dynamic. Because on the fluctuation exchange rate, I don't want to go back and change all my prices if there is a big change. It would be much easier to just update the exchange rate in admin and it would change the prices in the whole store.

Steve

so you could make a $CDN and $US price with a pricing ratio field for each. To start they would both equal 1, but if it became a lot more expensive to supply to the US, you could increase it to 1.2 or 1.5 or whatever?

That sounds good.

I would use the actual exchage rate and make up the diffrence in shipping. The trouble with what you are proposing. If you get an informed customer and they notice that your exchange isn't set at the current exchange. You will lose them. OSC supplies a tool to check the rate with a click of a button. JMHO

Steve

as long as we can have seperate pricing for the two contries and that there is a way to dynamically change values of prices for each country seperatly this would work great for us.

are you going to try to put this together?

as long as we can have seperate pricing for the two contries and that there is a way to dynamically change values of prices for each country seperatly this would work great for us.

are you going to try to put this together?

I'm going to try. I've seen a post on this very idea somewhere. Just have to find it. But, just gonna have to add it to my to-do list, for now.

Steve

Archived