• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The Switcher not working on most basic level

leigero

I was having trouble setting up the store. Before I do anything complicated I want to make sure the basics work, and they dont. I installed oscommerce v2.3.3 and then installed the Theme Switcher's latest version. (I also created a neat theme with ThemeRoller, but I don't get far enough to try to apply it).

I moved the "Images" folder, the "Includes" folder and the two additional .php files that came with theme switcher into the main folder of the store. It overwrites two files or one file I don't recall and adds all the rest as new files.

Following the instructions, I then went to the Modules > Header Tags > Theme Switcher and enabled it. Everything breaks.

I get the following status on the right:

The jQuery file is missing!

The jQuery UI file is missing!

The selected theme was found.

The theme CSS file is the wrong version or missing!

template_top.php has been modified.

The language file was found.

And now the entire store has the same basic layout, but all the colors are gone. I'm assuming it's images being placed around that arent showing up.

How can I override ONE FILE and now suddenly three are missing? What is wrong? I can't get the default template back, much less any new ones.

Edited by leigero

You either didn't read the User's Manual for Theme Switcher or you didn't follow the instructions. At least read and follow the Configuration instructions in Section 3.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 2 years later...

You didn't follow the instructions for posting in this forum, so I assume you really didn't follow the rest of the instructions either. Theme Switcher works just fine in thousands of stores, so the problem is something you've done.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

did *exactly* as instructions stated sticl "no css file" error after a good 1.5hrs wasting time...updated the jquery-ui-x.xx.x.css file with no luck...enough time wasted.

make sure you renamed and updated both jquery-ui-1.10.4.css and jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.css

The latest update to theme switcher required me do add the jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.css, which I had neglected the first go round.

-Dave

• 9 months later...