osCommerce

The e-commerce.

products Listings

Yiannosch

Hi,

Thank you for your response,

i have downloaded ckeditor and uploaded the files in my server,

but i couldn't make it work

Sorry if i don't explain correct, what i want.

when i add a new item,i just want to enter html in item description (copy & paste description with photos and edit description)

what do i have to do with ckeditor or is there anything else that can help me?

Thank you

Edited by Yiannosch

I have it installed on my store, I can copy a page that has all kinda font/pictures (html code) and then just directly paste it into the description box on add new product and everything is pasted, code and all. The editor has a multitude of buttons and capabilities. If you want to edit the html directly just click the upper left most button (Source) and you can edit away like you normally would with the default description box. If you want a visual editor that you can edit the content using controls similiar to Word then just leave it like it is when you first load the page.

you dont need any addon to use html in the description - but with an addon like ckeditor which is wysiwyg you can see how the html will look (almost) at the frontend.

eg this is copy pastable into the description field

<p> Here is a paragraph tag </p>
<ul>
<li>here is the opeing line of an unordered list</li>
<li>and this is the last line</li>
</ul>

which is raw html

Jules

Edited by thejudge99

Just add your html code in the item description. There is no need to add an addon to do this. It can be done as standard. If you do not use html you will just get a large area of text with no formating.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...

I have it installed on my store, I can copy a page that has all kinda font/pictures (html code) and then just directly paste it into the description box on add new product and everything is pasted, code and all. The editor has a multitude of buttons and capabilities. If you want to edit the html directly just click the upper left most button (Source) and you can edit away like you normally would with the default description box. If you want a visual editor that you can edit the content using controls similiar to Word then just leave it like it is when you first load the page.

Hi.

How could you do that?

I have tried all the available CKEditor contributions for OSC 2.3 but... no way!

On a new OSC 2.3.3, I installed the CKEditor: although I get no errors and the editor shows up under admin, there is NO way that changes I bring to text from CKEditor window in admin will reflect on the catalog (shop) side.

All I get is nothing done and the text reverting to its original status even when I click "save".

Also if I try to add an image, a pop-up window from the editor appears as it should, but I cannot select a thing! (i.e.: it does not point to my images directory at all)

There is obviously something wrong, but due to the lack of errors, I just would not know what that would be.

Can you assist?

Thanks in advance

Mendoh