• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MIGS Payment Gateway with CommWeb(CBA) Credit Card Error

DogFoodIT

Hi All,

I have installed the latest release of MIGS payment module and have run into a few little issues, hoping someone out there could shead some light on the matter.

running 3 stores

2 x OSC 2.2 RC2A

1 x OSC 2.3.1

it has installed fine on all three sites and seems to be processing ok until the end of the process when you get redirected back to the store to confirm the order. It will give an error and instead of redirecting back to the conformation page to complete the order it redirects back to the payment option page to select a payment type, even after the CommWeb has approved the payment and returned a "00" status.

So the problem is this: the customer will be caught in an endless loop of ordering. order, pay, error. order, pay, error...etc..

so when i check my merchant account the payments have been received, with no OSC order....

each order will send me this error reporting email:

Secure Hash was not able to be verified against the Secret Hash, possible tampering with response

I have done:

double checked the Merchant ID

double checked the secret hash

double checked the access code

problems i think it could be:

comments (POST): contains apostrophes ", (, ) and characters that need to be escaped out - this is done by (looks to be both ends) OSC and CommWeb. could this be issuing the error? Reason I ask is that when I get the error reporting email from the MIGS payment gateway the POST data for comments looks different.

What I sent:

I would like to Sign for my order Please deliver between and ( ) and ( ).

I would like to Sign for my order Please deliver between and ' ' and ' '.

What has came back in the email:

I would like to Sign for my order Please deliver between and .

Completely removed ' ' and ' ' from the POST data

besides that i have absolutely no idea to why the errors happen, i have tried to read the code but still unsure, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Ben

That contribution is from 2008 and should not have been used on RC2a or on v2.3.x

Chris

Thanks Chris, Is there a replacement for the same type of process as we have a commWeb setup by the bank to work with the MIGS payment plugin.

Ben

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there - we've setup cc via migs for a couple of ANZ Egate accounts and used that module - however we always use the merchant hosted version as the one that sends the customer to the bank to pay seems pretty un reliable.

Can you not switch the module to Merchant Hosted?

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

I have an almost identical problem. 3 sites running RC2A and MIGS were all running fine until I upgraded the server and changed the dedicated IPs. Now it returns the same bad hash error listed above, and returns client to same page as listed above. Did anyone find a solution? Would happily pay programmer.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Did you manage to sort out the issue ?

I have exactly the same problem. I am currently running the MIGS payment module for Commweb and it is in TEST mode.

The payment registers on the gateway however, when the transaction process reverts back to the merchant checkout to complete the order, it says:

A credit card error has occured. Please verify your submitted details and resubmit. If this problem persists and please contact us.

and I receive an email with the following subject:

There was an error when processing a transaction response from the MIGS Payment Gateway

Secure Hash was not able to be verified against the Secret Hash, possible tampering with response

No order is logged in Oscommerce. I have entered the secure hash and access code correctly. Is anyone able to help with this problem ???

Thanks

Edited by deltrum

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there

Thanks for the reply.

Most of our work is with payment modules and most recently hosted payment payment pages are getting more and more popular due to PCI/DSS onus on store owners

Well i'm back on again Bob and just had a mind storm.

I have been having some issues with the MIGS module and not getting orders in the OSC database.

I thought to myself that its doing the same thing that the old PayPal mod did way back. that is accepting the payment but not processing the order. Now i believe the payPal mod creates an order before leaving the site?? and then updates the status when the payment has been completed reducing the no order issue.

So my question is this, has anyone re-created the MIGS mod to replicate the PayPal habits?

or can it be done?

If you have some spare time might be worth a shot. I can't say that i'm good enough to implement this code. I did have a 5 minuite brouse through the PayPal code but once again got lost and closed it. to return another day!

Just a thought cheers.

Ben