• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FAQDesk version 1.0 --- Released

moyashi

I, like may others am gettinthe following error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select pd.faqdesk_answer_long, pd.faqdesk_answer_short, p.faqdesk_id, p.faqdesk' at line 1

select count(select pd.faqdesk_answer_long, pd.faqdesk_answer_short, p.faqdesk_id, p.faqdesk_date_added, pd.faqdesk_question, pd.faqdesk_answer_long, pd.faqdesk_answer_short from faqdesk_description pd, faqdesk p, faqdesk_to_categories p2c where p.faqdesk_status = '1' and p.faqdesk_id = p2c.faqdesk_id and pd.faqdesk_id = p2c.faqdesk_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '2' order by pd.faqdesk_question) as total 

[TEP STOP]

I saw the problem listed but no fix (atleast not what I saw)  Any help for this????

Chris

I'm not sure that this is your problem, but on the inner query, you do not need the order by clause.

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried to get this FAQ  mod to work for a day now and I have had no luck I can't add catagories in the admin section.  I see no boxes in the catalog area. and IE6 locks up.  I have made all the changes in the this post and nothing works.  I am running V2.2 MS2

I really need this mod for my site but I can't understand why it is such a problem to get it working...  I also want the News mod but I don't want to have the same level of problems as I have had with this one.

Can anyone tell me the trick to get this working with V2.2 MS2 in a clear and to the point message?

Since i am unpatient i have been working to make this mod MS2 compatable. So far i have fixed the admin section so that you can add FAQ's and categories which make it so the boxes in the catalog show up (they only show up if there is something in them). Here is the code to repalce around line 918 in admin/faqdesk.php

// copy image only if modified
     if ($faqdesk_image = new upload('faqdesk_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {
       $faqdesk_image_name = $faqdesk_image->filename;
     } else {
       $faqdesk_image_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['faqdesk_previous_image'];
     }

if ($faqdesk_image_two = new upload('faqdesk_image_two', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {
       $faqdesk_image_two_name = $faqdesk_image_two->filename;
     } else {
       $faqdesk_image_two_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['faqdesk_previous_image_two'];
     }

if ($faqdesk_image_three = new upload('faqdesk_image_three', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {
       $faqdesk_image_three_name = $faqdesk_image_three->filename;
     } else {
       $faqdesk_image_three_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['faqdesk_previous_image_three'];
     }

//$faqdesk_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('faqdesk_image');
//$faqdesk_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('faqdesk_image_two');
//$faqdesk_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('faqdesk_image_three');
//$image_directory = tep_get_local_path(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

basically the upper part of the code is replacing the lower commented out part of the code. I am still working on that pesky 1064 SQL error. IF anyone has had luck please post it here, together we can make it work!

It's a Zoo in Here, Literaly...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

For all having problem with the IE6 crash when trying to insert a new FAQ i can certain tell you that the problem occure from the html bar editor.

I don't know a fix so I just commented out the html editor part from admin/includes/modules/faqdesk/html/editor/content_bb.php and summary_bb.php .

So, this is not a fix but ay least you can work with this great contribution.

Best Regards,

Clement

I, like may others am gettinthe following error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select pd.faqdesk_answer_long, pd.faqdesk_answer_short, p.faqdesk_id, p.faqdesk' at line 1

select count(select pd.faqdesk_answer_long, pd.faqdesk_answer_short, p.faqdesk_id, p.faqdesk_date_added, pd.faqdesk_question, pd.faqdesk_answer_long, pd.faqdesk_answer_short from faqdesk_description pd, faqdesk p, faqdesk_to_categories p2c where p.faqdesk_status = '1' and p.faqdesk_id = p2c.faqdesk_id and pd.faqdesk_id = p2c.faqdesk_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '2' order by pd.faqdesk_question) as total 

[TEP STOP]

I saw the problem listed but no fix (atleast not what I saw)  Any help for this????

Chris

Hello,

If you use MS2 osC then the error occure because of the differences of the splitPageResults() function in MS1 and MS2.

In order to fix this you have to edite the file from:

catalog/includes/modules/faqdesk/faqdesk_listing.php

there around the line 14

FIND

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_DISPLAY_FAQDESK_SEARCH_RESULTS, $listing_sql, $listing_numrows);

AND REPLACE WITH

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_FAQDESK_SEARCH_RESULTS, '*', $HTTP_GET_VARS['page']);

Good luck,

Clement

Me.

I had to do several changes and included some functions from MS1, but I don?t know all steps I?ve done anymore. In my version the pictures and the diving into more than one page are broken ? so I stripped them out. It?s just a silly hack! :)

At the moment I?ve really no time. But I can give you all changed files. That should be a good starting point. You could try to build a working FAQDesk installation on a virgin osCommerce Shop with me files and you could make a patch for the public, too.

Example:

http://www.footbag-shop.de/catalog/faqdesk_index.php

(LiveShop - no test orders please!!)

J0J0

(From Germany, excuse my bad English ;-)

Hi johannes

Thanks for showing yours site. I have just tried a little the faqdesk to see how it works... and it is nice except that there is a bug..

1 - clicking on the search image (faqdesk) without inputting anything, gives an error.

Tank you Salvo.

I fixed that error. The author added an unnecessary line break in the language files. That produced the ?header already sent?- error message.

Ok, here are my files:

http://j0j0.haushoppe.de/osCommerce/faqdesk_for_ms2.zip

What you should do:

1. Make a backup! Really, I have no clue how faqdesk works! ;-)

2. Try to install faqdesk as mentioned in the install files.

3. Copy my folders into your osCommerce Shop and override all files.

(4. Tell me if it works. ;-)

I included some functions from MS1 in the file "compatibility.php". I changed the info-box and some buttons, added rotative colours for the listings and a link back to the parent category. I removed the right boxes, the sticky future and perhaps some other things with comments. Sometimes there are instructions, sometimes not. Some are from the original author, too. Again, I give no warranty at all! It just works well for me. By the way: My script removes a leading zero in the front-end, which gives me the opinion to sort the entries...

Good luck,

Johannes

• 3 weeks later...

[TEP STOP]

For those of you still fighting with the 1064 mysql error as quoted, the easiest fix for this is to remove the "distinct" syntax as the db engine is choking on it....

in catalog/faqdesk_search_result.php around line 203 find this code

$select_str = "select distinct" . $select_column_list . " p.faqdesk_id, p.faqdesk_date_added, pd.faqdesk_question, 
pd.faqdesk_answer_long, pd.faqdesk_answer_short ";

and change it to read

$select_str = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.faqdesk_id, p.faqdesk_date_added, pd.faqdesk_question, 
pd.faqdesk_answer_long, pd.faqdesk_answer_short ";

this worked for me and so far has tested out ok

cheers

barry

• 2 months later...
Hello,

For all having problem with the IE6 crash when trying to insert a new FAQ i can certain tell you that the problem occure from the html bar editor.

I don't know a fix so I just commented out the html editor part from admin/includes/modules/faqdesk/html/editor/content_bb.php and summary_bb.php .

Best Regards,

Clement

I see that I am not the only person with this problem. I have tried to use the editor and Internet Explorer crashes. I tried the same editor via my computer at work and it worked flawlessly.

Work Computer is IE6 on Windows 2000 Pro.

Home Computer is IE6 on Windows XP Home.

So I have figured out it is the XP OS that is having this conflict.

So with this information, how do I fix this problem?

I am having the problem with both NewsDesk and FAQDesk Modules. Everything else seems to work at this time.

UPDATE Apparently, my Windows 2000 with IE6 at work is crashing with the HTML editor. I tested Netscape7.x (newest version) on my XP at home and I had no problems with the editor. Windows 2000 with IE6 on another machine that I originally tested at work has no problems.

So, still in testing, I am thinking it is maybe Java that is causing the fatal crash. This is my next step in testing. I will let you know what I find.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering, how can I sort the questions by the date. I want earliest to be listed to be at the top, or is there a way to sort them manually?

Hi Wing

Add a number of sequence you want in front of the questions and they will be sorted in order.

- - - - -

Besides, I get an error if clicking the search button without entering anything. Can somebody help? Thanks.

Parse error: parse error in /home/.zabarsybianheater/eighty8/8t8t.com/catalog/faqdesk_search_result.php on line 211

Hello,

Best Regards,

Clement

I see that I am not the only person with this problem. I have tried to use the editor and Internet Explorer crashes. I tried the same editor via my computer at work and it worked flawlessly.

Work Computer is IE6 on Windows 2000 Pro.

Home Computer is IE6 on Windows XP Home.

So I have figured out it is the XP OS that is having this conflict.

So with this information, how do I fix this problem?

I am having the problem with both NewsDesk and FAQDesk Modules. Everything else seems to work at this time.

have the same issue here with windows XP prof SP1 it caused me lots of trouble the first time due to many open windows and my history was empty after that CRASH :( :(

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

found a little bug at line 277 admin/faqdesk.php

$sql_data_array = array(
	 'faqdesk_question' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['faqdesk_question'][$language_id]),
	 'faqdesk_answer_long' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['faqdesk_answer_long'][$language_id]),
	 'faqdesk_answer_short' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['faqdesk_answer_short'][$language_id]),
	 'faqdesk_extra_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['faqdesk_extra_url'][$language_id]),
	 'faqdesk_image_text' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['faqdesk_image_text'][$language_id]),
	 'faqdesk_image_text_two' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['faqdesk_image_text_two'][$language_id]),
	 'faqdesk_image_text_three' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['faqdesk_image_text_three'][$language_id]),
 );

the last line 'faqdesk_image_text_three' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['faqdesk_image_text_three'][$language_id]),

should be

'faqdesk_image_text_three' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['faqdesk_image_text_three'][$language_id])

WITHOUT the , on the end !!!

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

For those with CRASHING windows explorer just do this:

find in admin/faqdesk.php around line 576

<?php
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/faqdesk/html_editor/content_bb.php');
//echo tep_draw_textarea_field('faqdesk_answer_long[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '50', '10', (($faqdesk_answer_long[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($faqdesk_answer_long[$languages[$i]['id']]) : faqdesk_get_faqdesk_answer_long($pInfo->faqdesk_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));
?>

replace with

<?php
//require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/faqdesk/html_editor/content_bb.php');
echo tep_draw_textarea_field('faqdesk_answer_long[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '50', '10', (($faqdesk_answer_long[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($faqdesk_answer_long[$languages[$i]['id']]) : faqdesk_get_faqdesk_answer_long($pInfo->faqdesk_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));
?>

and

find in admin/faqdesk.php around line 547

<?php
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/faqdesk/html_editor/summary_bb.php');
/*
echo faqdesk_draw_textarea_field('faqdesk_answer_short_' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '', 'soft', '50', '3', (($faqdesk_answer_short[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($faqdesk_answer_short[$languages[$i]['id']]) : faqdesk_get_faqdesk_answer_short($pInfo->faqdesk_id, $languages[$i]['id']))
);
*/
?>

replace with

<?php
//require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/faqdesk/html_editor/summary_bb.php');

echo faqdesk_draw_textarea_field('faqdesk_answer_short_' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '', 'soft', '50', '3', (($faqdesk_answer_short[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($faqdesk_answer_short[$languages[$i]['id']]) : faqdesk_get_faqdesk_answer_short($pInfo->faqdesk_id, $languages[$i]['id']))
);

?>

this just disables the BB EDITOR

Robert

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I (almost) installed FAQDesk. As I am using contrib 1 (Admin Access with Levels), my ../admin/index.php does not like the code that should be in there.

Can I put that somewhere else?

Greetings, Michael

Not because it is difficult we don't dare to do it, but because we don't dare to do it, it is difficult. (Seneca)

I am using 2.2MS2 when clicking the insert button I get a blank page and no data is inserted also if creating a category and clicking on save I get a blank page no data saved

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

fixed

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

• 3 months later...
Hi,

I (almost) installed FAQDesk. As I am using contrib 1 (Admin Access with Levels), my ../admin/index.php does not like the code that should be in there.

Can I put that somewhere else?

Greetings, Michael

Anybody solve this for installing FAQDesk with Admin Access with Levels?

#### [ OPEN ] ##################################################################

admin/index.php

#### [ ADD -- regular osc versions] ############################################################

Insert below code between any of the array blocks:

##################################################################

//BEGIN -- faqdesk

array('title' => BOX_HEADING_FAQDESK,

'image' => 'catalog.gif',

'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK, 'selected_box=faqdesk'),

'children' => array(array('title' => FAQDESK_ARTICLES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK,'selected_box=faqdesk')),

array('title' => FAQDESK_REVIEWS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_REVIEWS, 'selected_box=faqdesk')))),

//END -- faqdesk

Admin Access with Levels uses a completely rewritten admin/index.php file--no more array blocks as such.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

I have this working with admin access with levels no problem you just add the one line for access.

I got interupted during last post I was not trying to leave you hanging.

Here is the code, notice the added line for access

array('title' => BOX_HEADING_FAQDESK,
                 'access' => tep_admin_check_boxes('configuration.php'),
     'image' => 'faq.gif',
                 'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK, 'selected_box=faqdesk'),
                 'children' => array(array('title' => FAQDESK_ARTICLES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK, 'selected_box=faqdesk')),
                                  array('title' => FAQDESK_REVIEWS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_REVIEWS, 'selected_box=faqdesk')))),