• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FAQDesk version 1.0 --- Released

moyashi

I got interupted during last post I was not trying to leave you hanging.

Here is the code, notice the added line for access

? ? ? ? array('title' => BOX_HEADING_FAQDESK,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'access' => tep_admin_check_boxes('configuration.php'),
? ? ?'image' => 'faq.gif',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK, 'selected_box=faqdesk'),
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'children' => array(array('title' => FAQDESK_ARTICLES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK, 'selected_box=faqdesk')),
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? array('title' => FAQDESK_REVIEWS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_REVIEWS, 'selected_box=faqdesk')))),

Hi Steve:

Thanks. I suspect that I'm using a different "Admin Access with Levels" than you are, because there are several with similar names and it's confusing the hell out of me. The one I have is "Admin Access With Levels 1.6.0", last modified (03/02/2004) by Eric Montgomery (Islander2u), and it looks like it isn't even available for download any more.

The admin/index.php file that came as part of that contrib is completely rewritten, there are no strings

array('title' =>

in the code. Instead of

require('includes/application_top.php');

$cat = array(array('title' => BOX_HEADING_CONFIGURATION,
                    'image' => 'configuration.gif',
                    'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'selected_box=configuration&gID=1'),
                    'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_CONFIGURATION_MYSTORE, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'selected_box=configuration&gID=1')),
                                        array('title' => BOX_CONFIGURATION_LOGGING, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'selected_box=configuration&gID=10')),
                                        array('title' => BOX_CONFIGURATION_CACHE, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'selected_box=configuration&gID=11')))),

the top of the file is

//Administrators start
 require('includes/application_top.php');

$system = tep_get_system_information();
?>

<?php
 $languages = tep_get_languages();
 $languages_array = array();
 $languages_selected = DEFAULT_LANGUAGE;
 for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
   $languages_array[] = array('id' => $languages[$i]['code'],
                              'text' => $languages[$i]['name']);
   if ($languages[$i]['directory'] == $language) {
     $languages_selected = $languages[$i]['code'];
   }
 }
?>

At this point it looks easier to find another Admin Access contrib. Which one are you using? Cheers.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this working with admin access with levels no problem you just add the one line for access.

Hi,

I have unquoted the 'access' line, but still cannot get access to FAQdesk in admin. I am using 'Admin account with levels 2.2'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• 10 months later...
Hi,

I have unquoted the 'access' line, but still cannot get access to FAQdesk in admin. I am using 'Admin account with levels 2.2'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated  :)

Did you go in and enable the FAQ Desk under the Administrator Section. By default is is turned off - once you enable it you should be able to see the FAQDesk. at least that is what I had to do.

Mike

• 9 months later...

This is a longshot, but hoping someone can help me out with this error:

Everything seems to be working in the admin area (light testing).

However, when I go to mysite/store/faqdesk_index.php, I get the following:

Warning: Unknown(/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/store/faqdesk_index.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/store/faqdesk_index.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/store/faqdesk_index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

I'm using the 12/23/04 Version (FAQDESK v1.01.1), and have included in the two "updates/fixes" that have been added to the contribution since the release. (on ms2)

If no one can help, then does anyone know of any of the FAQ systems that WILL work with the latest osc release? I have installed all 3 that I could find, and I couldn't get any of them to work. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Upon deleting an FAQ through admin - I get an error message. OF course I don't have it now since I removed the mod but does anyone have a clue what I might be hinting at? Its friday - my brain hurts.

• 7 months later...

Hi ! This is my first post. I've started my osCommerce 2 weeks ago, I'm totally new to PHP, but I've managed installing several contributions,including FAQ desk, which is a great contribution.

I only have one little problem with it : I've also installed Article Manager, and when I go the an article category, the FAQ infobox disapears. It does do it when I go to "recent article". The problem is also not there at all if I put the FAQ info box in the right column.

I also have no precise idea where to put the code of index.php as indicated in the install.txt file.

I've tried several place where I could see some <tr> and <td>, but each time, it wreks my front page or a column.

* open file catalog/index.php *

* add code *

<!-- BEGIN faqdesk -->

<tr><td><?php include(FILENAME_FAQDESK_STICKY); ?></td></tr>

<!-- //END faqdesk -->

<!-- BEGIN faqdesk -->

<tr><td><?php include(FILENAME_FAQDESK); ?></td></tr>

<!-- //END faqdesk -->

* save file and close catalog/index.php *

any ideas ? ( unfortunatly, the site is not online yet, just on my machine with easy php)

Thanks !

Erv'

For Article Manager.... the only thing I can suggest is to double check the code. It acts like it's missing something.

For Catalog/index.php... I put the changes at the end of the file after this line:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I tried adding this contrib on an MS2.2. The admin side is fine, but on the cataolgue side, when I clickon the FAQ, I am getting an error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home2/collarsa/public_html/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home2/collarsa/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

I have been through the installation again - not sure what I have done or why its not working. Grateful for any ideas?

Thanks