• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FAQDesk version 1.0 --- Released

moyashi

hi,

i am using loaded crev5, and none of the settings in the admin section seem to work.

also, the images show in the admin on preview but none show when viewing any of the faqs

any ideas???

also in the install instructions is see:

#### [ COPY >>>> LOADED ] ###############################################################

#THIS IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT

#

#For those who use the Loaded addition, (I'M lazy) just upload all files first and then

#just over-write the files with the ones located in the "LOADED 5 version" directory.

#

#

#

#### [ COPY ] ###############################################################

what files do i over write and where do i find them???

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because I've never finished those files. I had planned to release an update to faqdesk but I got busy with other things.

Sorry ... support for loaded 5 is on hold until I free up some more freetime.

NewsDesk(934) / FAQDesk(1106) / OrderCheck(1168) :::

That's because I've never finished those files.  I had planned to release an update to faqdesk but I got busy with other things.

Sorry ... support for loaded 5 is on hold until I free up some more freetime.

no problem, but is there any known way to get the images to show using the loaded version? they do show in admin, just not on any of the faqs when viewed from the site...

Why not.

You just have to go into the code and see what Loaded 5 does that MS 1 does or doesn't.

It's like finding a broom in a haystack. You just have to hit it from the right angle to see the broom.

It's like finding a broom in a haystack. You just have to hit it from the right angle to see the broom.

ROFLMAO!!! I LOVE this analogy!!!

By the way, Loaded 5 is based on MS1, just the first MS1, not the up-to-date snapshot of MS1.

Beyond Compare (or your favorite diff program) is your friend, keep telling yourself that!

I don't know what I did without it.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Hi moyashi

what a wounderful contribution

however i have the following points i hope you can help me with

a) every thing seems to work fine except the chanegs in the index in teh admin area , i even did not apply them and every thing work fine !!!

i am using oscommerce 2.2

B) my site has alot of modified stylesheets , i am trying to update those chanegs to your contribution but i am having some challenges , pls let me know where shoudl i go to changes teh style sheet in your contribution

thanks

Hi rene ,

your solution was fine except it did not return any values when you click on the search button ,

however if you could replace the require line with the following

include (FILENAME_FAQDESK_LISTING);

it should work fine "however it only search on the faq's not the categories "

if any one has a better solution pls post

thanks

storeman

Has anyone found the fix for the IE6 crash problem?

The program seems to be very useful, but I just can't use it since the browser crashes every single time. I'm using MS1

Thanks for a great contrib!

I ran into a couple of issues. I cannot disable the display of the long answer in the faqdesk_info page. I tried to turn it off on the admin, but the only ones that will turn off are the question and the date. I really just want to show the question and the short answer on that page.

Secondly, in the admin, if I don't specify a category image, I see a broken image displayed when I go back to edit that category. I also see broken images when I do not specify image 1, 2 or 3.

Lastly, what is "sticky" for?

Thanks,

Randy

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.

I played with the "sticky" feature so I was able to answer my question on that, but I still have the other two problems.

Also, any plans to add in a feature to allow the user to submit a new question? This would be really handy, especially if in the admin the answer could be entered and then the new FAQ posted.

Thanks,

Randy

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.

hmmm, strange on the long answer. I'm still not very free with my time but when I do get some time I'll definitley take a look at this.

adding questions -- nice idea 8)

images -- thank osC :wink: I still haven't looked at the newer code, hopefully that will fix this problem.

Hello,

I?m very confused. The fd1.0 works great on my 2.2MS1 except my most favourite error:

The categorie name of a FAQ is not shown at my default/index page, but for example when i click (it doesn?t matter what is clicked) at Products, or search the Categorie name -it appears. In the sourcetext even the <a href> appear but not the name of categorie between <a href> and </a>

the strangething: the pagecall "default.php" is the same - at default.php and for example default.php?cPath=4 Hope someone can help

Loks like that: Startpage - Productpage

before.gifafter.gif

It looks like this problem is related to using the same variable name as the product count for a category.

To fix this, in catalogincludesboxesfaqdesk.php rename the $counter variable at lines 159, 160 and 210 to something else, like $cat_counter.

The program seems to be very useful, but I just can't use it since the browser crashes every single time. I'm using MS1

Nobody?

Nobody?

I think that the post below addresses the fix for the IE6 crash issue. The changes are to be made in the adminfaqdesk.php file around lines 92 and 918.

Hi ALL :D

A kind user sent this email to me ... the below code fixes some problems with images in newer snapshots.

Hello, I just finished setting up your FAQ mod on a client's osc installation. It seems they hae updated their uploading functions into a class. So I had to make 2 changes i nthe admin to make it work. Oh, btw this is for the latest dev version of osc as of May 1st.

in the category image section i replaced the whole image upload section with this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if ($categories_image = new upload('categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . $categories_image->filename . "' where categories_id = '" . tep_db_input($categories_id) . "'");

}

and the product add section al lthe image upload stuff with this

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if ($faqdesk_image = new upload('faqdesk_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {

$faqdesk_image_name = $faqdesk_image_name->filename;

} else {

$faqdesk_image_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'];

}

if ($faqdesk_image_two = new upload('faqdesk_image_two', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {

$faqdesk_image_two_name = $faqdesk_image_two->filename;

} else {

$faqdesk_image_two_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_two'];

}

if ($faqdesk_image_three = new upload('faqdesk_image_three', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {

$faqdesk_image_three_name = $faqdesk_image_three->filename;

} else {

$faqdesk_image_three_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_three'];

}

Thanks a lot for the mod. It looks and works incredibly well. I had a couple issues with browser crashes at first (ie6 xp), but when i made the above updates everything seemed to work ok.

Mark A.

Oh, and if you happen to use these changes and reference me anywhere (you don't have to), please don't use this address but [email protected] instead. Thanks!!!!

Cheers and special thanks to Mark :!:

Wel, that gives an error, so no solution there.

Anyway, no big deal, I'm managing the faq using the script via mozilla

thanks,

Nugar

Wel, that gives an error, so no solution there.

What error were you getting?

Actually I didn't record it, and overwrote the file with the backup.

Something about not being able to declare a class update or so. I'd have to try again the mod to re-create the error.

The error was caused by the first part of the code to change. I'm sure it was because I don't the exact boundaries of the image upload section

Actually I didn't record it, and overwrote the file with the backup.

Something about not being able to declare a class update or so. I'd have to try again the mod to re-create the error.

The error was caused by the first part of the code to change. I'm sure it was because I don't the exact boundaries of the image upload section

I guess first, you need to make sure that you are running with a version of OSC after they implemented the upload class. If you have this file adminincludesclassesupload.php then this fix should work.

This is specifically what I did to adminfaqdesk.php use the posted code.

Find this code around line 92

$categories_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('categories_image');

$image_directory = tep_get_local_path(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if (is_uploaded_file($categories_image['tmp_name'])) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . $categories_image['name'] . "' where categories_id = '" . tep_db_input($categories_id) . "'");

tep_copy_uploaded_file($categories_image, $image_directory);

}

replace it with

if ($categories_image = new upload('categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) { 

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . $categories_image->filename . "' where categories_id = '" . tep_db_input($categories_id) . "'"); 

}

Then find this code around line 918

$faqdesk_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('faqdesk_image');

$faqdesk_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('faqdesk_image_two');

$faqdesk_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('faqdesk_image_three');

// BEGIN code by Peter

if ( ($faqdesk_image != 'none') && ($faqdesk_image != '') ) {

$faqdesk_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('faqdesk_image');

}

if ( ($faqdesk_image_two != 'none') && ($faqdesk_image_two != '') ) {

$faqdesk_image_two = tep_get_uploaded_file('faqdesk_image_two');

}

if ( ($faqdesk_image_three != 'none') && ($faqdesk_image_three != '') ) {

$faqdesk_image_three = tep_get_uploaded_file('faqdesk_image_three');

}

if (is_uploaded_file($faqdesk_image['tmp_name'])) {

tep_copy_uploaded_file($faqdesk_image, $image_directory);

$faqdesk_image_name = $faqdesk_image['name'];

} else {

}

if (is_uploaded_file($faqdesk_image_two['tmp_name'])) {

tep_copy_uploaded_file($faqdesk_image_two, $image_directory);

$faqdesk_image_name_two = $faqdesk_image_two['name'];

} else {

$faqdesk_image_name_two = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_two'];

}

if (is_uploaded_file($faqdesk_image_three['tmp_name'])) {

tep_copy_uploaded_file($faqdesk_image_three, $image_directory);

$faqdesk_image_name_three = $faqdesk_image_three['name'];

} else {

$faqdesk_image_name_three = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_three'];

}

// END of Peter's changes

and replace it with this

if ($faqdesk_image = new upload('faqdesk_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) { 

$faqdesk_image_name = $faqdesk_image_name->filename; 

} else { 

} 

if ($faqdesk_image_two = new upload('faqdesk_image_two', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) { 

$faqdesk_image_two_name = $faqdesk_image_two->filename; 

} else { 

$faqdesk_image_two_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_two']; 

} 

if ($faqdesk_image_three = new upload('faqdesk_image_three', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) { 

$faqdesk_image_three_name = $faqdesk_image_three->filename; 

} else { 

$faqdesk_image_three_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_three']; 

}

This works for me for uploading images, but there are still some bugs when the images should be displayed. :(

Hi, i installed FAQ desk in a stable 2.2 osc version.

Whenever i click on preview to add a faq i just get a screen with nothing

this is the URL of the error

localhost/admin/faqdesk.php?cPath=&pID=&action=new_product_preview

(just incase its missing a variable or something i know you cant see it :) )

When i view the source the html ends with

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top">

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

Any clues anybody?? :P

Sorry im an idiot, you had posted the solution as i was writing the question!!

Implemented the code changes and it seems to work fine now :)

I cannot disable the display of the long answer in the faqdesk_info page.  I tried to turn it off on the admin, but the only ones that will turn off are the question and the date.  I really just want to show the question and the short answer on that page.

:!: I found the fix. In the table faqdesk_configuration I found a couple of configuration_key values that need to be changed:

FAQDESK_LONG_ANSWER should be FAQDESK_ANSWER_LONG

FAQDESK_SHORT_ANSWER should be FAQDESK_ANSWER_SHORT

:?: This, however, brings up a question for Moyashi. What is the purpose of having the DISPLAY_FAQDESK_DATE, DISPLAY_FAQDESK_QUESTION and DISPLAY_FAQDESK_DATE keys also? I set these to false (0), but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Randy;

Thanks for the table fix regarding the short and long answers - works a treat!

Has anyone successfully entered any FAQs with either hyperlink or email? When I enter them in a FAQ answer, the text for the link shows on the user side just fine, but the links aren't clickable.

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!