• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FAQDesk version 1.0 --- Released

moyashi

Check it out.

I tried to make sure most bugs are out but with my luck somebody will find something :wink:

Known bug that hasn't been picked up in any of the NewsDesk releases :: in admin the question is showing properly in the preview of an edited review. oh well, at least it shows while editing now :wink:

FAQDesk is along the lines of NewsDesk and has all the abilities of NewsDesk and a few more :wink:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1106

have fun pounding on my contrib again :P

NewsDesk(934) / FAQDesk(1106) / OrderCheck(1168) :::

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible Bug:

When deciding what to display in admin for "listing Settings" i have turned off show long answer, but it still shows on the site when FAQ is clicked on.

Anyone have any ideas?

Settings are "only" for those pages, they are not system wide.

So, you turn off "long answer" on listings -- all it does is not show in the listing page. When you click on that faq link, you jump to a full detailed page.

The full detailed page doesn't have settings as of yet.

cheers

@ installations

So, any comments yet? Any problems?

I am running Loaded 5 and I think you left out the Index Display part in the admin section.

Create a faqdesk.php file and enter this in it :

<?php 

? $metainfo[] = array('admin' => 'faqdesk.php', 

? ?'title' => BOX_HEADING_FAQDESK, 

? ?'image' => 'catalog.gif', 

? ?'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK, 'selected_box=faqdesk'), 

? ?'children' => array( 

? ?? ?array('title' => FAQDESK_ARTICLES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK, 'selected_box=faqdesk')), 

? ?? ?array('title' => FAQDESK_REVIEWS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_REVIEWS, 'selected_box=faqdesk')))); 

?>

And place the faqdesk.php in :

catalog/admin/includes/modules/metainfo

Directory

I have only started messing with php two weeks ago. I just uploaded FAQ to my In-production site. it didn't take to long to set up and every thing is working great so far... I haven't put in very many subjects or faq's but the ones I have look good. I didn't have a hard time changing the format to fit my site but I am having the hardest time finding the way to make the Faq listing table align to the top. I am talking about the page faqdesk_index.php and the table that lists the faq's. right now it is centered and I want it to align to the top. I would also like to take out the long answer in the listings in that same table to save space, I only want the long answer to show once the question or short answer is click on. please point me to the right file to edit. I am using CVS 2.2 and I had to use the loaded 5 code to get it to work right, (what is loaded 5?)

Thanks for making such a great Contribution!

Jordan

It's a Zoo in Here, Literaly...

I think i did run accross an error. on the search results page i get this error

FAQs meeting the search criteria  

Warning: main(includes/modules/includes/modules/faqdesk/faqdesk_listing.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/winthrop/public_html/cart/faqdesk_search_result.php on line 308

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/includes/modules/faqdesk/faqdesk_listing.php' (include_path='') in /home/winthrop/public_html/cart/faqdesk_search_result.php on line 308

Since i don't know much about php and i am new to osC i decided to create some more directories to match the directory path in the above error. it worked and i now created a duplicate of faqdesk_listing.php in the structure of cart/includes/modules/includes/modules/faqdesk/ the only problem with this is that there are 3 extra directories that shouldn't have to be there and two copies of faqdesk_listing.php

If you have a better way to deal with this problem please let me know. This work around works for now...

Jordan

??? It looks like all the styles are working correctly, it is just that i wanted to know what file is creting the file structure of /includes/modules/includes/modules/faqdesk/ ???

It should be creating /includes/modules/faqdesk/

I also wanted to know if you could tell me how to align the faq results columns to the top of the Table Row instead of centered.

Hi Jordan,

I was answering Farrukh. I probably took a while to answer in the meantime your posts showed up.

@ file structure

The file structure should remain like the tar, you just upload to those directories, NO other directories need to be added on your own. If you go about changing file structure you'll have to dig through several files probably to configure to your enviornment. I can only cover the standard enviornment and have previously tried to move the files into a easier file structure but calling application_top.php then becomes a problem.

@ long answer listing

Just go to admin and click on listings ... pretty simple :D

@ styles

I mentioned this in reference to Loaded 5 patch 3 ... not to the standard MS1 release.

@ centering

take a look at includes/modules/faqdesk/faqdesk_show.php and faqdesk_listing.php

@ snapshot/CVS

I haven't downloaded any snapshots since MS1 was released. I don't plan to support snapshots since past experience has proven that too many things change and are hard to cover in a single installation process. However, if MS2 doesn't come about by fall I'll be looking at a snapshot situation figuring more folks will be down-loading a CVS version instead ov MS1 but until then, I'm sorry I just can't cover all possiblities for a volunteer project.

@ loaded 5 code

ugh, I wish I never added that information in the install notes. I did write

#### [ COPY >>>> LOADED ] ###############################################################

#THIS IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT

loaded 5 is IAN's version of osC that has many contribs already added for you.

I hope that this helps.

Ok i have almost got everything confugured how i want. The problem i have now is that all email has stopped working from admin, send new password, newsletter, ect.. could FAQDesk have caused this or is it just coincidence? All formatting is the same as osc so far except for the pictures, colors, ect. i haven't changes much at all. i got oscommerce through a cpanel instalation so i am not ever for sure about what version it is. any ideas?

Thanks

:shock: interesting.

I don't think so. FAQDesk and NewsDesk run off of hacked categories code. While working on both contribs I never came across any "directly" related functions and all functions related to categories were moved to seperate files and renamed.

What did you do to get faqdesk working?

Hello from Mexico:

I can?t fix a little trouble, I really appreciate any idea about it.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1054 - Unknown column 'p.faqdesk_image' in 'field list'

select p.faqdesk_id, pd.faqdesk_question, p.faqdesk_image, p.faqdesk_image_two, p.faqdesk_image_three, p.faqdesk_date_added, p.faqdesk_last_modified, p.faqdesk_date_available, p.faqdesk_status, p.faqdesk_sticky from faqdesk p, faqdesk_description pd, faqdesk_to_categories p2c where p.faqdesk_id = pd.faqdesk_id and pd.language_id = '3' and p.faqdesk_id = p2c.faqdesk_id and p2c.categories_id = '0' order by pd.faqdesk_question

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been reviewing table by table and field by field , and the troubles continue in the database. :shock:

Hola Amigo !

Thanks, I added the FAQDesk contribution...

Where is this happening?

The same message in the Admin Area > FAQDesk > FAQ Management

and Front page. :cry:

When is this happening?

When I finished the installation. :cry:

Could you check this part of the install?

admin /includes/application_top.php

#### [ ADD ] ############################################################

// Begin faqdesk

define('FILENAME_FAQDESK', 'faqdesk.php');

define('FILENAME_FAQDESK_CONFIGURATION', 'faqdesk_configuration.php');

define('FILENAME_FAQDESK_REVIEWS', 'faqdesk_reviews.php');

define('EDITOR_IMAGE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/faqdesk/html_editor/editor_images');

// End faqdesk

// Begin faqdesk

define('TABLE_FAQDESK', 'faqdesk');

define('TABLE_FAQDESK_DESCRIPTION', 'faqdesk_description');

define('TABLE_FAQDESK_TO_CATEGORIES', 'faqdesk_to_categories');

define('TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES', 'faqdesk_categories');

define('TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'faqdesk_categories_description');

define('TABLE_FAQDESK_CONFIGURATION', 'faqdesk_configuration');

define('TABLE_FAQDESK_CONFIGURATION_GROUP', 'faqdesk_configuration_group');

define('TABLE_FAQDESK_REVIEWS', 'faqdesk_reviews');

define('TABLE_FAQDESK_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION', 'faqdesk_reviews_description');

// End faqdesk

I wonder if that part is missing. :?:

:cry: hmmm, for some reason it seems it isn't recognizing those 2 tables. faqdesk and faqdesk_description which has me thinking it's a installation problem since I've never had that occur while developing this mod.

What version of osC are you using?

Thanks for your answer !

I desinstall and reinstall all contribution, and the trouble continue: 1054 - Unknown column 'p.faqdesk_image' in 'field list'

:cry:

:cry:

:!:

:?:

:evil: :sneaky:

I appreciate any idea to close this challenge !

FaqDesk1054.GIF