tkeats

Sorting Plugin? Suggestions?

Ok, so I want to be able to setup a couple websites where it allows better sorting, Im seeing it all over the place, and I have combed through the contributions, not seeing anything that really answers to the description of what Im looking for.

We've all seen the websites I think...

You get to choose the manufacturer, or the product class, or the product class size, speed, etc.

Want a CPU? choose Intel, AMD, or another, which then gives you the options of a i3/i5/i7 etc etc

Want a Hard Drive? Choose Seagate or another and get it suddenly broken down into size, speed, formfactor, SATA version vs PATA, et al et al.

Want a laptop? now you choose between manufacturers, cpu maker, hard drive, cpu speed and core, screen size etc etc...

Is there a plugin/contribution that exists already, that can be dropped into osCommerce that would help me do this fairly simply? And would I have to modify my bulk import tool? ( I already suspect that to be a yes.. )

Thanks!

Thomas

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

now that is called filtering, nothing to do with sorting

find products specifications by kymation

have fun !

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt