• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

bmp images for products

mishaq

Hello,

I want to upload the bmp image for product but this image is not uploaded and on client side shows error icon rather then image. Can you please help me about this as soon as possible.

Also when I have tried to uplaod the jpg image with image name in capital letter this image is not uploaded as well.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Muhammad Ishaq

I want to upload the bmp image for product but this image is not uploaded and on client side shows error icon rather then image. Can you please help me about this as soon as possible.

bmp is not a format normally used on webpages.

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/primers/html/article.php/3478181/Basic-HTML-Images.htm

Even though some browers, such as Internet Explorer, will allow you to place a BMP as an image, I wouldn't. Most browsers will not be able to display it. Go with .gif, .jpg or .png.

Also when I have tried to uplaod the jpg image with image name in capital letter this image is not uploaded as well.

Not a clue. Maybe too big and over the size limit PHP will allow?

Hello,

Please advise.

Thanks,

Muhammad Ishaq

Just try using all lowercase for your .jpg images. And make sure you have converted your .bmp into .jpg or use .png. Make sure you resize and compress images so that they are not huge files before you upload. as someone said, you may be exceeding your size limit for your server uploads