• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I add text to the category and subcategory pages

Heatherbell

Header Tags SEO allows you to add text to the category pages, as well as manufacturer and product pages too.. But if you don't want to install it, there are separate contributions for each of those, like Categories Descriptions.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for your advice. I have an SEO add on installed and would prefer not to add another. Is there an alternative simpler way to just add some text to the category pages?

Read post number 4 then search the addons area.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Hello,

Possibly this information will help. Insert into any page that you want to add text to.

There are two ways to use HTML on your PHP page. The first way is to put the HTML outside of your PHP tags. You can even put it in the middle if you close and reopen the <?php -and- ?> tags. Here is an example of putting the HTML outside of the tags:

<html>

<title>HTML with PHP</title>

<body>

<h1>My Example</h1>

<?php

//your php code here

?>

<b>Here is some more HTML</b>

<?php

//more php code

?>

</body>

</html>

As you can see you can use any HTML you want without doing anything special or extra in your .php file, as long as it is outside of the PHP tags.

The second way to use HTML with PHP is by using PRINT or ECHO. By using this method you can include the HTML inside of the PHP tags. This is a nice quick method if you only have a line or so to do. Here is an example:

<?php

Echo "<html>";

Echo "<title>HTML with PHP</title>";

Echo "<b>My Example</b>";

//your php code here

Print "<i>Print works too!</i>";

?>

Using one or both of these methods you can easily embed HTML code in your PHP pages, to give them a nicer more formatted look, and make them more user friendly.

Help this helps.

Tom

@@Heatherbell

You have already had suggestions how to add a category description. Ignore that post by @@tomshaft as it has nothing to do with adding category descriptions. I would personally add headertags seo addon. This will do what you want and a lot more beside. You should really add a headertags addon, so why not kill two birds with one stone.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

see the post by @@Praful Kamble , will let you add description to individual category pages

Archived