• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Yet another Sessions Settings question

manish2535

Hi guys. I was wondering if you guys will have some time to tell me the bad or good side of the settings I have inplace for my site -

Session Directory /tmp

Force Cookie Use True

Check SSL Session ID True

Check User Agent True

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session True

My site has full SSL. I am asking because recently I have been having people saying they keep getting sent to the login screen. I am pretty sure its got something to do with the session IDs not being created properly but I am not an expert so may be you guys can shed some light on this. Thanks in advance. Appreciated.

The force cookie option shouldn't be on but that, or any of the other options, wouldn't cause your problem. It is most likely the configure file is not setup correctly.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Is there any harm with Force Cookie being ON apart from the fact that Visitors will need to have their cookies enabled in order to shop in my site?

I looked into my configure file, everything looks alright but I want to make sure that these settings were setup correctly -

define('ENABLE_SSL', true);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.site.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.site.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

Thanks again for your time.

No, there's no other harm. There are other parts of the confiugre file that can cause the problem, thus the link to the support thread for it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The force cookie option shouldn't be on but that, or any of the other options, wouldn't cause your problem. It is most likely the configure file is not setup correctly.

With a full SSL certificate the force cookies option should definately be on!

You can't shop anywhere decent with cookies set to off .. e.g Amazon etc. It is insecure to have querystring based sessions.

Archived