• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can product attributes BE a product?

hornetnz

I've got a site in the works that has r/c planes as a product. I've setup attributes for kit type and color options, but would like to add options for electronics packages or components. The hitch is, I need these attributes tied directly to products that i've entered in other categories so if the price or the stock available of a product changes, its reflected in the attribute dropdown. And, if they pick said product from the dropdown, stock would be taken out of that products inventory.

Is this possible with any modules currently out there?

Is this an attribute common across several products, and/or an attribute that is also a stand-alone product? I'm not sure that the add-on will work in the second case (from reading its description). In that case, it sounds like you want an add-on that handles bundling of multiple products into one (there may already be such a thing -- search on "bundle"). Even for the first case, I'd carefully test to see if the add-on treats the attribute used in multiple products as coming from the same "pool" of available stock.

The attribute could likely be the same for several products, as well as being a stand-alone product that the customer should be able to purchase separately in its' respective category. The qty for prod attributes module I dont think will work for that reason, if I'm reading the description correctly

Archived