osCommerce

The e-commerce.

header background color edit

dumb_question

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not dumb at all ...

Try and find the thread where someone tried to teach me how to make a class to manage the links.

I thought I was never going to get a clue.

Because it is so crucial that the class be actually inside that <a href> tag is probably why I don't just give the exact code for everything in a single post and want you to work your way through it.

Call me cruel ... :shock:

But you will never forget what is needed to change the look of a link using a stylesheet from a peice of code generated by php ... :D

Took about the same number of msgs too, if that makes you feel less, umm ... dumb ... Dumb ... :wink:

Well ... there are several tables that the shop is made up of.

You can modify 30+files ... or you can cheat and just change the /includes/column_left.php

Change the top of the code to read:

<?php

/*

$Id: column_left.php,v 1.14 2003/02/10 22:30:50 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

if ( (USE_CACHE == 'true') && !defined('SID')) {

The '10' is how much space will be placed above the first box inside the column_left.php

Note: this allows you to make the space one size for column_left.php and another for column_right.php

If you want no space ... then you have to edit the 30+ files as that spacing is contained on the line just before the column_left.php loads and that is coded into each file in /catalog

See how less exciting it is to learn something new if I just tell you how to do it? 8)

Have a good one ... :D

Heck ... I kinda thought that was a slick trick on the spacing idea ... *sniffle*

That was a great trick... and You were much more patient than I would have been......

:lol:

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

After how patient the nice fellow who held my hand through how to do a class for a link/hover?!? :D

It is very easy to remember that day ... was almost as good as finding the comma to semi-colon for Kim ... 8)

Speaking of which ... where is Kim? :?

Grandchildren ... *gulp* ... more important that ... *sniffle* ... osCommerce?! :rockedover:

Is that really possible?

Hmm ... granted I did have to go layout 3 truck loads of wood chips this week ... just finished the last of it today ...

Unfortunately ... need another 3-6 loads for the rest of the yard.

Good thing I live in the woods, eh? 8)

Archived