• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Jquery 1.8.1

krokus

Kinda bumping for everyone to see ... o:)

and @@HPDL

Will this make it into 2.3.x release ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Each one can upgrade easily, 3 steps to do

1) Upload file jquery-1.8.1.min.js to folder catalog/ext/jquery. You can get the file here

2) Open file catalog/includes/template_top.php and find

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.8.0.min.js"></script>

change to

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.8.1.min.js"></script>

3) open file catalog/admin/includes/template_top.php and find

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/jquery-1.8.0.min.js'); ?>"></script>

change to

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/jquery-1.8.1.min.js'); ?>"></script>

That's it

Yes, I understand upgrading is not that hard, testing to make sure everything still works as expected is the time consuming bit ... though you wouldn't expect many bugs, they can be hard to trace and fix ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

From my experience there are no new issues with 1.8.1, changes to bxgallery are still valid, fancybox work in IE9, jQueryUI even in older FF browsers again. I do use 1.8.1 on all stores and no issues reported from any store owners so far

there is a related issue here, but since I dont use the gallery not sure how big an issue it still is or was

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/tracker/issue-482-thumbails-bcgallery/page__gopid__1525#entry1525

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I have been using jQuery for at least 3 years and now I am finding my way out of it because jQuery will never be debugged. Functionality is constantly increased, making it possible to write new extensions to it. Their dev. people just don't have time? to step back a bit and fix all issues. Apart from that, the library is becoming quite huge wrt what I, and my clients, need... to increase conversion rate, that is have a good ROI.

Today I just added a nice, standard compliant and bugfree datepicker to my advanced search. After fixing the DOB string it will be up and running :)

I sincerly whish that the osC dev team, gives jQuery a second thought for osC v3.x

Sara

• 2 weeks later...

Archived