• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need to move hosting

Well if you have read my previous posts you will note that I have been without technical support from my hosting company for four months now. The current company is being "watched over" by a relative of the owner who has apparently disappeared without any reason as to where or when he will return.

Most recently I emailed for an update on the owners return date and was replied to " no update". I don't believe this is good business practice and most certainly leaves a sense of "closing anyday now" leaving me with dead websites.

I have backed up and downloaded both of my sites to my zip drive. I have monthly hosting plans for both sites but my domain names are locked in for a year each. I went in to the hosting admin and changed all my domain owner info to my own ( it was listed under the hosting companies name).

Now I must find new, reliable hosting with dedicated servers. Also a company that can work with Osc and also not consider me a number. The best thing about my current host was that when I called I spoke to the owner as he was the only employee. Prior to that I had bad experiences with the commercially advertised hosts, jamming me on a server with several other sites and competing for bandwidth. My site, after five years of development, is finally starting to takeoff. I am at a crossroads here and need some educated advice.

@@lyonsperf

If you are choosing a dedicated server, you can purchase hosting from anyone. YOU will be the ONLY customer on that server. There are many available at various prices and almost all offer 24 hr technical support

Chris

A visit to the webhostingtalk ( dot com ) forum can prove "enlightening" , both for getting good offers and for reading feedback on the different hosting companies.

Thanks!

I am now being flooded with offers from people who can barely spell commerce and are experts using godaddy light speed servers.

If that is in the forum i mentioned, i would not suggest posting a "wanted" type of thread there.

There is a sub-section of their forum titled: "Web Hosting Offers" where you can browse through various current promotions. Tip....only take into consideration offers from reputable hosting companies.

The mentioned forum is also a good place to find feedback on the various providers and their quality of service.

I didn't mean for my thanks comment to be taken sarcastically. I thank you for the lead. What I commented on was that as soon as I posted my question I was inundated by flyby nights wanting to take over. Really, useing NoDaddy servers? They are the worst offenders to shared bandwidth.

Archived