• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS error occured with shipping calculations

tonyc49

I just installed the USPS shipping module, registered my site with USPS Web Tool Registration, and received test username and password.

I tried to test it but get this error every time during checkout.

United States Postal Service shipping_usps.gif An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

My site is hosted through Bluehost and I am using osCommerce version 2.3.1 (Stable).

I have the paypal payment setup and testing with the sandbox server.

Can anyone please help me?

• 1 month later...

@@tonyc49

The test server hasn't worked properly for some time now. In a live environment, it will work no problem

Chris

I just did a clean install of version 2.3.3.

I am receiving the same error as tonyc49. However, I get the same error in production mode.

I have verified with USPS that my ID has been properly switched to production server.

My web hosting service which is IXWebhosting has determined that there is nothing wrong on their end.

Anyone else have this problem and has anyone found a solution?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Grandpa's Toys

I am receiving the same error as tonyc49. However, I get the same error in production mode.

I have verified with USPS that my ID has been properly switched to production server.

My web hosting service which is IXWebhosting has determined that there is nothing wrong on their end.

Make sure that USPS Webservices has your account active on their production server. They may reply that they haven't had any test queries sebt, but if you let them know that you are using the OSC platform, they will activate it for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Grandpa,

I am having same problem. Please email me at .net"]ronb@@RonB.net to share our efforts to fix.

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the USPS shipping module, registered my site with USPS Web Tool Registration, and received test username and password.

I tried to test it but get this error every time during checkout.

United States Postal Service http://www.heavenssweetcreations.com/images/icons/shipping_usps.gif[/img] An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

My site is hosted through Bluehost and I am using osCommerce version 2.3.1 (Stable).

I have the paypal payment setup and testing with the sandbox server.

Can anyone please help me?

I am having the same problem. Did you get it resolved? If yes, pls let me know how.

tks.

A.

@@tonyc49

The test server hasn't worked properly for some time now. In a live environment, it will work no problem

Chris

Chris, how do I know if I am on a test server or not. My website is live as I make changes, so I assume I am in the live environment. I am new at it.

Any help will be appreciated it.

thanks,

A.