• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Suddenly I received this error message from server: Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enab

richipy

Hi people,

Ive been using my oscommerce store for years without problems.

Today I when to the site I got this message: Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

Does anyone can help me please?

I need my store running again.

Angel.

@@richipy

First check with your hosting compay whether they did any php version upgrade or else?

Ask your host to enable register_globals for you or try adding php_value register_globals 1 to your .htaccess.

Praful

Like post..hit LIKE button.

osCommerce | Joomla | WordPress | Magento | SEO | CakePHP | CI

Guaranteed Website Speed Optimization!!

Hi Praful,

Goddadys service is very poor. They told me to do different things but didnt work. Now they finally said they are using an new php version. I did set to the new php version but still the site is no running.

Any help please?

There are add-ons that list all the changes required to upgrade a site to run with newer versions of php and my sql, in fact I have just completed an upgrade of a ms2 site to 5.3.

There are also upgrade documents that come with the intallation documentation of each release.

They just didn't want to redevelop on 2.3.3 and then reinstall/hack all the add-ons to work with the latest version.

Ask GD to revert to the version you were on.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

If they have upgraded to PHP 5.3 (most likely), register global variables will be off by default, but I think they can still be turned on via your php.ini file:

register_globals = on

I understand that PHP 5.4 will not allow register global variables.

In the long run, you will be much, much, much better off properly upgrading your ancient site (2.2 MS2 or earller?) to be PHP 5.3 compatible. Even better, install 2.3.3 and migrate your data to that.

hi guys,

this is the whole configuraton in the .htcaccess:

AuthType BasicAuthName "User Backups"AuthUserFile /var/chroot/home/content/r/i/c/ricardoramirez/html/stats/.statspwdrequire valid-userOptions +Indexes

any help?

mrphil

just checked and the register globals is on by default

No it's not ( or wasn't )

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration

Hi FWR Media,

In the php file it says: "register_globals=onallow_url_fopen = off

expose_php = Off

max_input_time = 60

variables_order = "EGPCS"

extension_dir = ./

upload_tmp_dir = /tmp

precision = 12

SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net

url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

[Zend]

zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so

zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so"

But when I go to the site it says the message you wrote: "Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration"

Its confusing for me. I really need help

Does it really say

register_globals=onallow_url_fopen = off

? If so, you have two lines run together. It should be:

register_globals=on

allow_url_fopen = off

If that was just a typo on your part, maybe you're now at a PHP level that doesn't allow register globals to be on (which means an osC upgrade is now needed). Or, your host has upgraded other things and your php.ini file is no longer being seen by PHP. You may have to add an suPHP_ConfigPath entry to your .htaccess file, or something like that (ask your host).

You can tell if your php.ini file is being processed by running this script:

<?php  phpinfo();  ?>

before and after making a change to php.ini, and seeing if your changes show up.

hI Mr Phil,

Yes, it says register_globals=onallow_url_fopen = off

Strange thing is that everything was in one line in the file.

When I paste it here most of the commands are shown in different lines

I just did copy and paste.

For some accounts on godaddy, they require the php.ini file to be named php5.ini. They should supply that for you but they don't have the best tech support for php sites so such things can be overlooked.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack_mcs

This was the fists thing godaddy support told me when problem started. Strange thing is that I didnt find the php5 file in the site.

This is what they said:

"The PHP 5 function register_globals is turned off by default.

To change the status of a function, you can use custom initialization (php5.ini) files.

PHP initialization files can manage form, server, and environmental variables as well as server-side cookies, temporary directories, error display, and error logging.

Your ability to add a php.ini file to your hosting account depends on the type of hosting account you are running:

• Windows IIS6 accounts do not support PHP.
  • Windows IIS 7 accounts always run PHP 5.
  • Linux accounts support PHP 5.

IMPORTANT: Name your initialization file php5.ini. Always upload the initialization file to the root directory of your site.

Please use your favorite search engine for instructions on how to edit your php.ini file."

This was the first thing they said. A few days after they said the problem should be because they upgraded the php file and that I should choose the last php version. I did that.

Well there you go

Create a file named php5.ini

Start off by putting in it: -

register_globals = on

register_long_arrays = on

Save it to your root directory and try it out, you'll probably need to add more but that should get you going.

Okay guys,

I have created a php5.ini file and saved the text:

register_globals = on

register_long_arrays = on

Now I can see the site but first there many commands showing in the page

All of them stars with "deprecated" letter.

There are many repeated line of this command for example: "Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/r/i/c/ricardoramirez/html/tienda/catalog/includes/classes/language.php on line 87"

Well,

Let me show you the whole commands showing:

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in /home/content/r/i/c/ricardoramirez/html/tienda/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 111

Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in /home/content/r/i/c/ricardoramirez/html/tienda/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 104

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in /home/content/r/i/c/ricardoramirez/html/tienda/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 111

Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in /home/content/r/i/c/ricardoramirez/html/tienda/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 104

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/r/i/c/ricardoramirez/html/tienda/catalog/includes/classes/language.php on line 87

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/r/i/c/ricardoramirez/html/tienda/catalog/includes/classes/language.php on line 87

That doesn't make sense. The host has already upgraded to PHP 5.3, which is the current standard release. PHP 5.2 and earlier are no longer supported. You might be able to temporarily downgrade to PHP 5.2 (ask your host), but you should use the reprieve to either fix your ancient osC version, or upgrade osC to 2.3.3. Someday soon you'll be forced to use PHP 5.3 (or higher), which means a lot of stuff in osC 2.2 is going to break. It's a lot of work to get osC 2.2 working with PHP 5.2, let alone PHP 5.3, and more changes will be needed with PHP 5.4 (which is starting to appear).

Archived