• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternative Administrator Categories/Products Page Addon (jQuery, ajax edit)

gadlol

@@gadlol

Sounds good! I did notice a large amount of tables and while they have their uses I can see it easily being done with div tags.

Couple of things I would like to see, which wont be realistic for large shops, are the ability to list all products and also to display more than 100 items per page. Its probably just a personal preference but I like to be able to have it all at my fingertips and then be able to search by model number for instance. My situation is when we do price checks on competitors we can easily pull up the product by model number and then change the prices.

You've put a lot of work into this and it is indeed a time saver for me and a preferred method over using Easypopulate.

Yes you will be able to display lots of products even more than 100 and of course all of them.

The search system is redisigned, you can search on a specific field or in all of them (well on those that are searchable!).

I am even thinking of making a mechanism for mass discounts. F.e. you will be able to check a little checkbox on the left of each table row and select a discount (10% for example) and den apply that to all selected prices! Is this feature needed?

Well the checkboxes on each product will also give other possibilites such as mass change of products statuses e.t.c.

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John I followed your instructions but i think i am missing something the previews are not coming up the TBL page loads when i click on the folders it works but preview will not function any ideas?

I am using 2.3.1 thanks

Hi imageanative. Do the preview dialogs apear when you click the preview button (you must make apear the preview column )?

no i do not think so here is what i see but preview will not work screenshot http://nationwidetrailerparts.com/images/output.gif[/img]

I see...

In order to make the preview dialogs apear you must click on the View/Edit button which is located in the Description column.

hahahah yes

Oh ok i got it now sorry took a few seconds to click

nice real nice

looks like the editing/viewing product description is Greek but i guess i can learn.

Ευχaριστώ

hahaha yes its in Greek I forgot to change it. You will find instructions how to change it in this forum post.

I think you must learn Greek its a great language. You will discover its awesomeness while learning.

Πaρaκaλώ!

Edited by gadlol

getting a 404 when editing the Product preview

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the "]webmaster.

Error 404

φοbερός, που εμπνέει δέος

getting a 404 when editing the Product preview

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the "]webmaster.

Error 404

φοbερός, που εμπνέει δέος

in order for this to work you must edit 457 line of the tbl.php and change according to your store path.

//Used by iframe when previewing editing product description

//Change according your site. Exmp: 'http://www.mywebstore.com/product_info.php?products_id='

var product_info_path='http://localhost/osc2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=';

I will change it in the final release, so this product_info_path variable will be auto generated...

Note in order to preview the product it must be on stock and availble!

Edited by gadlol

Information about this addon progress:

I have changed the code a lot so when version 0.2 will be realeased you have to replace everything (sorry for this).

By changing the code in such a clever way :- you can easily add new fields by just filling an array and ofcourse by adding the appropiate code to the tbl_ajax.php which stores values to db.

Note if you want to be able to use a select menu or something else despite simple text which can be editable, you have to hardcode the case in the switch case found in the tbl.php.

You can even display fields data without being able to edit them.

You will have instructions for all that!

A great addition I made, is the ability to mass edit products prices.

For example, I want in some values to lower the price by 10%.

I just select the products (through checkboxes) and enter the amount 10 and select the -% option on the dialog and press apply.

So easy. (Available options are: -% , +% , - , + )

Right now I am building a server side pagination system and i am thinking of making able the system to display - handle products that are specials.

And later my goal is to make a new attributes manager system because the osc original sucks a bit (sorry osc team).

Thats the news!!!

BUT I do not like the name of this addon.

So in order to release the next version WE must find another name.

I am thinking of:

Like a boss Osc Manager ( LaBOM )

Do you have any propositions?

xmmm nice but later i will make a new attributes system, so i want something to be generic.

For example:

Alternative Administration System : Categories / Products

AAS:CP

Alternative Administration System : Attributes

AAS:A

Question: whats the difference between addon and contribution on oscommerce?

New features added:

• Add extra custom fields easily (for developers: associative arrays)
    • All fields custom or not, can be editable or not, visible by default or not , sortable or not e.t.c.
    • You can also add fields from other mysql tables other than products (you must add the necessary query text (select , from , where) on the array $_EXTRA_FIELDS )

• Deletion of multiple products
  • Multiple prices edit (redifned)
  • Right side panel (sortable fields, choose what fields to display and sort - reorder them)
  • Bottom panel (contains: categories list, languages, display in stock or not)
  • Top panel (hidden by default, opens when you click on search icon)
  • Server side pagination (includes max products per page)
  • Advanced search (search on specific field, developers can add their own custom fields)
  • Order products by different fields - custom fields
  • Print categories and/or products (only the categories - products table, everything else is not displayed )
  • Tooltips

Features removed:

• Sortable fields from settings dialog (you can always sort them from the right side panel)

To be done:

• Make table rows sortable (so when you change the order of rows then also changes the order of products under their category)
  • Multiple products change status

There will be instructions for developers (how to add new fields, e.t.c.)

There will be no instructions on how to use the addon because I do not have time to do that.

I will, though, upload a short video on youtube, showing the new features!

Any feature requests before releasing the new version?

Do you want the ability to preview a product that is not active - out of stock while editing description?

John

Edited by gadlol

Hi,

I am now debugging it.

Although its in a stable status, there are some micro things to be done, such as when the session is timeout and you click to ajax edit products price then it must open a dialog saying session is timeout please login again.

For this to happen I must do a small micro change to application_top.php so not to automatically redirect to login page (only for this addon)

There are also the translations to be done!

The products reorder feature is awesome.

You can click on a row and move it up or down and all the products on that page are automatically reordered. So simple!

Edited by gadlol

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi!

I'm trying to use some special characters when editing but it's not working. For example, if I edit using "ú" it would change to "ú" at the store side. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

I will check it soon!

The fully functional version is about to be released just wait a few more days! Still debugging - adding new things such as: display price (net) and (gross).

• 1 month later...

You can find the new addon here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8895

I will not answer to this thread.

Use the new : http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/394327-alternative-administration-system-categoriesproducts/

Thank you.