• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP! Confused...

2furrykids

Okay, so I have version 2.3.1 installed and want to upgrade to version 2.3.2. The only problem is that I don't have a clue what to do. I have the upgrade "guide" open in front of me, and the majority of the steps (in fact all, with the exception of the first) seem pretty straightforward, involving replacing, adding, and deleting various lines in specific files. What has me thoroughly confused however is the first step which states:

"The following database queries must be performed:

alter table customers_info add password_reset_key char(40);

alter table customers_info add password_reset_date datetime;

In addition, the Customer Password Reset Action Recorder module must be enabled as described below."

I haven't a clue as to how to perform this "database query", although I've managed to figure out that it involves "MyPHPAdmin". I'm also assuming that enabling the "Customer Password Reset Action Recorder module" involves the next instruction which starts:

"admin/includes/classes/passwordhash.php

includes/classes/passwordhash.php

Replace, in both files, the following class method:"

Could someone please expand on and confirm the necessary steps for doing this. I've only just started working with OSCommerce and my familiarity with databases and the associated tools is currently zilch, so I essentially need a guide for dummies to get me going with this...i.e. I don't have a clue as to where to look in MyPHPAdmin or what to fill in and where. I definitely appreciate any and all help I can get as I don't want to mess anything up in the process. Thanks again.

@@2furrykids

In your hosting account control panel,use PHPMYADMIN to open your database. Once open, click the SQL tab and a window appears. Copy and past the SQL statement into the window and click GO. That part is done.

THEN, upload the files to replace the current files using your FTP client.......

Chris

Archived