• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order ID number

Irish Birder

Hi,

I am using the Realex payment system with v2.3.1 and have a problem with order ID - when does osCommerce generate the order ID?

Basically Realex generates its own unique ORDERID and stores it in its transaction logs. I need to store the osCommerce Order ID number in the same transaction log but can't seem to pass this through.

As a result there is no way of saying that a Realex transaction matches up to a osCommerce Order ID number

Is it generated when payment has been confirmed?

Thanks

The order id comes from file checkout_process.php, just after the order go to table "orders". This is an auto increment value and osCommerce pick it up using $insert_id = tep_db_insert_id();

This $insert_id is used then for all other tables that get populated upon order confirmation (order_total etc)

If your payment module handles the payment before checkout_process.php then the order_id is unknown

• 1 month later...

Hi George,

since you know the order ID well, is there a way to let checkout_process.php generate an ID like yymmddhhss as proposed in one of the addons (unfortunately it is for v2.2). I dont like the incremental one.

Thanks,

chao

The order id comes from file checkout_process.php, just after the order go to table "orders". This is an auto increment value and osCommerce pick it up using $insert_id = tep_db_insert_id();

This $insert_id is used then for all other tables that get populated upon order confirmation (order_total etc)

If your payment module handles the payment before checkout_process.php then the order_id is unknown

Archived