Sign in to follow this  
jamesjhoyt

PayPal Only Checkout

I want my site to only do PayPal Instant checkout. How can I either get rid of the Checkout buttons, or make it so if you click Checkout, it goes to the PayPal screens.

thanks

@@jamesjhoyt

Install PayPal Express ONLY and NO other payment methods will be shown to the customer. There is no need to edit any files to do this, it can be done from the admin area.

Chris

:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

Chris, PayPal Express is the only payment option I have yet the Checkout button still appears above the PayPal button. Any ideas on how I can remove it. Right now when I click on the "Checkout" button nothing happens.

@@cd100 - Hi, nope, I have not figured that issue out yet. Since September I have been working on fixing other "issues" and that got pushed to the back. I always try to go back to my original question and update when I find the fix (don't you wish more people did that?) so stay tuned for an update.

Found the solution! :)

in catalog/shopping.php search for

<span class="buttonAction"><?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT, 'triangle-1-e', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'), 'primary'); ?></span>

and delete. I tried deleting the entire div but that screwed up my layout.

This then leaves you with the - OR - above the PayPal button. To remove this you need to go into /includes/languages/english/shopping_cart.php and find

define('TEXT_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT_METHODS', '- OR -');

remove the - OR -

Hope that helps you too!