• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

First Class Mail Showing as an Option, but Reverting to Most Expensive in Payment Screen.

MTG Mania

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! lmao

Ok, this is minor compared to the grand scheme of things, but if you know anything about people who collect trading cards, and extra $1 or $2 in shipping can make or break a sale.

With that said, When I select the module to show internet rates, during checkout my customers will get first class mail (at least, that is what I THINK it is, the name of the service does not show, just the cost), but when it is selected and you go to the next step (payment screen) it automatically reverts to the most expensive option. It only does it when you select that option that has no name. When I select retail. that option does not even come up.

Here is the image of what I am talking about, so you can get a visual.

post-313318-0-39804100-1343581361_thumb.jpg

Here is the code for my includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

$this->type_to_container = array(

'Express Mail' => '',

'Express Mail Hold For Pickup' => '',

'Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Delivery' => '',

'Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Flat Rate Envelope',

'Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Flat Rate Envelope',

'Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Flat Rate Envelope',

'Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Legal Flat Rate Envelope',

'Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Legal Flat Rate Envelope',

'Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Delivery Legal Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Legal Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail' => '',

'Priority Mail Hold For Pickup' => '',

'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box' => 'LG Flat Rate Box',

'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup' => 'LG Flat Rate Box',

'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box' => 'MD Flat Rate Box',

'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup' => 'MD Flat Rate Box',

'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box' => 'SM Flat Rate Box',

'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup' => 'SM Flat Rate Box',

'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A' => 'Regional Rate Box A',

'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A Hold For Pickup' => 'Regional Rate Box A',

'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B' => 'Regional Rate Box B',

'Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B Hold For Pickup' => 'Regional Rate Box B',

'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Legal Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Legal Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Padded Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Padded Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope' => 'SM Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'SM Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Window Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup' => 'Window Flat Rate Envelope',

'First-Class Mail Parcel' => '',

'First-Class Mail Parcel Hold For Pickup' => '',

'First-Class Mail Large Envelope' => '',

'First-Class Mail Letter' => '',

'Parcel Post' => '',

'Media Mail' => '',

'Library Mail' => ''

);

I tried to fill in the name in the secondary fields that are blank in First Class Mail, AND Parcel, Media, Library, thinking that was the issue, nope, no dice. Worst case scenario I will re-enable one of the other pre-installed modules and just rename it first class, but I'd like to get this module fully functioning so I can upload the complete working files so people wanting this module don't have all the drama I had trying to get it to even work without the admin panel throwing up all over itself.

Edited by MTG Mania

Are you using the USPS module that ships with osCommerce? The USPS has changed their interface so that module no longer works correctly. Use the USPS module in the Addons area which is up to date.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

So, which services do you have enabled in the Admin? Try turning off each one and testing until you find out which is the unlabeled service.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation We unchecked everything and just tried to hook of each of the first class options by them selves one by one(by the way we have to have it on internet to get it to even show up).

On First-Class Mail Parcel and First-Class Mail Parcel Hold For Pickup, The cost would show up, But it wasn't possible to select it.

On First-Class Mail Large Envelope and First-Class Mail Letter It came up with underneath error code

-2147219085 Invalid XML Element content is incomplete according to the DTD/Schema. line= 0 pos= 1668

Edited by MTG Mania

First Class Large Envelope and Letter have low weight limits. Was your product under the weight limit?

I can select First Class Mail Parcel. I don't see Hold for Pickup in any of the options. Again, are you under the USPS weight limit?

Which version of the USPS module are you using?

Regards

Jim

@kymationHiya Jim,

We are using USPS Methods version 6.1a. That was the last one that I saw that had the full package install with it, that I could actually download and use. Some of them (among other contributions) were tar files that I cannot open. I am not sure if the weight is an issue, because like I said originally (and showed in the screenshot in my original post) the option itself IS there, the field where the name of the service should show is blank though. I even dropped the weight to only 0.40, so well within the limits of first class parcel. On my computer I can actually select it and go to the next step, whereas my husband on a different computer cannot. When I select it and continue, it just reverts to Priority Large Flat Rate box, so it is not letting me complete the transaction with that shipping service selected. Now, I have no issue using just the priority options, and trying to adjust the table rate to represent first class. It's just a risk because I KNOW certain customers ordering a ton of stuff will try to use that option to get a ridiculously cheap shipping rate, when technically their package should go priority. I just wish I knew how to edit the table rate (or any of them for that matter) to disallow itself to show as an option for items over 11 ounces, and then I could be done setting this store up.

Edited by MTG Mania

I should have asked that first. The USPS Methods module was never properly updated after the latest USPS API change. Parts of it work; other parts don't.

Use the USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 Addon, version 1.2. It works, and the install is easy. If your archive utility won't unpack the files, go get one that will. There are plenty of free programs to choose from. I recommend 7zip since it will unpack just about anything.

Regards

Jim