• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in/admin/includes/classes/xml_5.php on line 25

MTG Mania

Hiya.

I downloaded and installed the USPS Methods 6.1a module, along with the required xml files, and lo and behold (I knew this wasn't going to be "easy" lol) I get this error in my admin panel when I go to download and re-install the module (per the instructions that came with the add on) Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/xxxxxxx/xxxxxx_xxxx/admin/includes/classes/xml_5.php on line 25.

I followed the instructions step by step, and VERY slowly, triple checking the whole way making sure I was putting what goes where in the correct spots. Any ideas on this error and why I am getting it? Any advice on fixing it?

Here is the string of coding:

//##################################################################################

// XML_unserialize: takes raw XML as a parameter (a string)

// and returns an equivalent PHP data structure

//##################################################################################

function & XML_unserialize(&$xml){

$xml_parser = &new XML(); <--------------------------- LINE 25

$data = &$xml_parser->parse($xml);

$xml_parser->destruct();

return $data;

}

// XML_serialize: serializes any PHP data structure into XML

// Takes one parameter: the data to serialize. Must be an array.

function & XML_serialize(&$data, $level = 0, $prior_key = NULL){

if($level == 0){ ob_start(); echo '<?xml version="1.0" ?>',"\n"; }

while(list($key, $value) = each($data))

I'm not entirely sure this will work, but try this:

$xml_parser = new XML();

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

@@germ

Thank you!!! That worked. Buuuuuut.... NOW... I installed, set the settings for everything, click save and WHAMMO!!!

This is my greeting!

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home//admin/modules.php on line 39

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home//admin/modules.php on line 39

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/admin/modules.php on line 39

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/admin/modules.php on line 39

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /homel/admin/modules.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at //admin/modules.php:39) in /home/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

Allllllll over my admin panel.

Here is the code:

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'save':

reset($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']);

while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

if( is_array( $value ) ){

$value = implode( ", ", $value);

$value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);

}

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));

break;

case 'install':

case 'remove':

And here is funtions:

if ( (strstr($url, "\n") != false) || (strstr($url, "\r") != false) ) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false));

}

header('Location: ' . $url); <--------------------- Line 34

if (STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {

if (!is_object($logger)) $logger = new logger;

$logger->timer_stop();

}

exit;

}

A little help with this too, please? :sweating: :blush:

Edited by MTG Mania

Try:

$value = preg_replace ('/, --none--/', '', $value);

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Did you catch the post by the other JIm?

:unsure:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

You'll have to post the error message.

I'm not "magic" like you.

:blush:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

@@germ LMAO Well, that fixed the admin panel throwing up all over itself, but the original error is back now. :lol: :'(

I like the visual....

(w00t)

So what';s the code from the file on line 25?

:unsure:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

@@germ I fixed it (I think, hope pray lol) Thank you so much for helping me!! You, and the others like you have NO idea how much I appreciate it!! Without you guys helping me along the way, I never would have figured HALF of this stuff out!!!

Hi Magic, congrats... :)

So please update the addon then.

Sara

Do I just download my "fixed" php's and upload it as a "fix" on the add on page that I downloaded it from, or? I have not updated any add on's before.

And thanks!! lol Without the 2 Jim's I would have been in a real fix, so the credit is really due to them!!

Cindy

Hi Cindy, best is to upload a new package with comments on what's fixed, how and where.

So, zip your version and upload with a new number.

Sara

Coding is a looooooooot of coffe... and snacks... :)

Wondered why I was putiing on weight and feeling hyper :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cindy, best is to upload a new package with comments on what's fixed, how and where.

So, zip your version and upload with a new number.

Sara

I doesn'e look like the new updated files were ever uploaded to the site, because it looks like the most recent version, 6.1b , was added back on February 16, 2012.

Would be great if the updated files could be added by somebody ... I could really use it right now!

• 1 month later...

Thanks Jim and Jim! This also fixed a checkout problem with OSC 2.3.3 and PHP 5.3 in the /catalog/includes/classes/xml_5.php file. It took me a while to find this thread, but glad I did.

Thanks again,

Dave