• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to upgrade RC2a default product info image to V2.3

ke-store

Hi All,

My store is the older version RC2a. I really like the new V2.3 multiple product image upload ability on the product info page.

Can some one tell me how to upgrade multiple iimage function from the default RC2a to V2.3 please? I read through the upgrade instruction but couldn't find any. Can anyone provide the code modifications and instructions?

thank you

@@ke-store

The image function is not part of the upgrade guide included in v2.3.1. However, there are a few good multi image handlers for RC2a in the contribution area.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the feedback. Indeed, I realized the new multi image function is not part of the upgrade to v2.3.1, but can anyone provide a lead on how I can do the upgrade? codes to changes, files to modify, and such...

I really like the new multi image handler in v2.3.1, yes there are already image handler contributions available, but I'm hoping I have exactly what v.2.3.1 has.

@@ke-store

The image handler in v2.3.x requires jquery, which is not compatible (without major change) with RC2a. Again, I suggest using one of the image handlers developed for RC2a

Chris

Chris

It is very easy to backport the 2.3.1 images system to an older version of oscommerce. Not more than a couple of hours work.

The main files changed;

admin/categories.php

product_info.php

extra .js files by jquery and bxgallery

It is very easy to backport the 2.3.1 images system to an older version of oscommerce. Not more than a couple of hours work.

The main files changed;

admin/categories.php

product_info.php

extra .js files by jquery and bxgallery

I never found it that easy and definitely not worth doing as I don't care for the v2.3.1 image handler. JMO

Chris

Archived