• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

our new site looking for ideas / feedback

scooper5569

i would like some unbiased opinions about my website.

im toying with the idea of updating to the latest osc but would have to change the template.

so im wondering if i should just stick with this.

the sites only been live for a few weeks so i dont know how its going to perform yet

http://www.towerperfume.co.uk

there is also a mobile version at

http://www.towerperfume.co.uk/mobile_index.php

ive just added that so im still testing it, once its tested ill add an auto redirect

thanks for looking

How to Secure Your Site

Click the link above.

Your site is a hack just looking for a place to happen.....

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

@@scooper5569

Had a brief look and would like to suggest few things:

- Make site URL's seo friendly.

- Add Meta tags to home page and on whole site. (Recommend to install header tag addon)

- On home page right column there is vacant place below Manufacturer dropdown. I would like to recommend you should utilize that space to show best seller products/Custom search checkbox for price range, brands etc or to have customer testimonials or products review.

- With review you should ask customers to rate the product as it effects other customers buying behaviour.

- Activate Google analytic.

- Site map is also missing.

P.S. Your site is Grade D with over all performance score 68. You need to optimize your site to improve site performance.

Praful

Like post..hit LIKE button.

osCommerce | Joomla | WordPress | Magento | SEO | CakePHP | CI

Guaranteed Website Speed Optimization!!

@@scooper5569

I have had a view of your site, My points are given

1. First of all, You should Secure your site either by Converting to v 2.3 or by Securing your Site
  2. As you are using a free template provided by someone. you should double check whether its using the oscommerce original structure.
  3. You can use any SEO as well as Header Tags Addon.
  4. As you are using Mobile Version of Site, My recommendation is to keep both site's theme as same. Else customers may get confused
  5. You have to redesign the template as Add to Cart and Details link are too small

• 2 weeks later...

It looks pretty good I think.

- Who are you? Are you a US based company (Edit, I see from the checkout process' currency amount that you are UK based)? I can't find out where you are based, consider adding an "about us" page. On the "Contact Us" I would expect an address and (preferably) a phone number to call if needed. If you don't monitor a phone, an answering machine is better than no phone number. In fact, most people don't call, but having a phone number adds credibility.

- I can go to your admin screen, you have to fix the security as others have mentioned.

- Unless there is a certain reason why you need this, I would remove these links: osCommerce template

designed by TemplateMonster.com |

3D Models

provided by Templates.com. This may just be what I think, though. I don't want my customers to click on a link and go somewhere else.

On your product page.

- I would remove "This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 01 January, 1970.". Even if the date was correct, I don't think it adds any value.

- "Add to Cart" should be a big button easy to see/find. The same goes for any "Checkout" link, in my opinion.

Shopping cart page:

- Create a big visible "Checkout" icon. And make it line up with the paypal logo, it looks a little unorganized as-is

In general, I think a guest checkout procedure should be available. I would prefer not to give up my e-mail address and a password. For sites I do not know, using regular passwords (many people recycle a few passwords) may be risky. Both Yahoo and LinkedIn failed to protect users' passwords.

While creating an account, I would:

- Remove male/female. If you really need this info, look at the customers' name instead.

- Birth date: Unless you need this info, remove it. Some customers may be sensitive about age. At least make it optional.

- Country: Default it to your target country if you have one. (Edit: You look like you are from the UK, I would default it to the UK unless you see significant international sales. I'm US based so I'm biased due to the large US market which us 90% of my sales).

- When I'm at the "Contact Us" page, the blue "Shopping Cart" text looks like a link but it is not clickable.

- Payment method: As a customer not using paypal, I would stop when seeing that "Check/Money Order" is the only payment option for me. I would add an onsite credit card processing functionality in addition to Paypal which you currently have. I think Paypal Website Pro does this for you.

Good luck! :)

Archived